PDA

View Full Version : Bumkins shaped diapers

Calmegja
02-14-2003, 08:19 PM
I am slowly switching from disposable to cloth...after 4 kids, I've gotta try something new....I'm diapering a 9 month old...

I am useless with the prefolds. I can't Snappi to save my life, and it's just too bulky for my preference.

Has anyone here used the shaped diapers (they look like a T, from Bumkins, in the Bumkins covers? I have some Bumkins AIO, and I love them, and I have some FB, that I stuff with JoeyBunz, and I think those are great. I just want something that I can use frequently, stock up on, and really wash to death if I need to....and I want to mix it up a little- different things for different needs....

Is this an okay alternative to prefolds?

Thanks!

nohomama
02-14-2003, 09:30 PM
I bought several of the t-shaped contoured diapers at my local consignment shop and after about 6 months of use, ended up consigning them myself. They worked fine and had a trimmer fit but I either had to double them up (which meant the fit was no longer trim) or had to use a doubler with them. They just didn't hold as much liquid as a prefold and even with a doubler I had to change Lola more frequently than I normally would. Try a few before you invest in a bunch. You may find you love them but if not, you won't be stuck with a bunch of dipes you hate. Another diaper worth trying is the Kissaluv contour.

HTH,

egoldber
02-14-2003, 09:35 PM
The Kissaluvs contours are very easy to use and work as well as the Kissaluvs fitteds. I have only tried the Kissaluvs contours myself.

If you would like to try fitteds there is whole WORLD out there. But MANY people like Kissaluvs and Motherease Sandies and Motherease Onesizes.

These are all really basic diapers that work for a variety of babies. My DD is 50th percentile weight and height and all 3 of these diapers fit her very well.

HTH,

Calmegja
02-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks!

I have a Kissaluvs fitted, and it's a little too bulky for my guy, so it's not ideal, but the contours sound like a good idea....

I'm just concerned about being able to get everything as clean as possible, so that's why, although I'm useless with prefolds, I was looking for an insert that would be separate from the cover that would still be really trim.

I'll try a few Bumkins, a few Kissaluv contours, and see where I can get with that. I have about a million JoeyBunz (not quite sure how that happened, so I'll try that combo....

I ordered two hemp fitteds (Liz's cloth, and the other name escapes me, from BabyWare), so I am hoping, if maybe they are trim enough, it'll be a problem solved...

Can you tell I'm all over the place with this? :D