PDA

View Full Version : What's the best system for cloth wipes?

parkersmama
02-12-2003, 12:10 PM
I've just ordered some cloth wipes and will probably use some cheap baby washcloths as wipes, too. What is the best system for keeping these at the ready? I don't use a changing table. We use the crib with a changing pad on it for diaper changes and I have a large shelf (relatively the size of a changing table top) closeby with all my supplies on it. I've seen suggestions for keeping them already wet in a standard wipes box, keeping them dry with a spray bottle to wet them, etc. I'd appreciate everyone sharing their favorite method with me! Thanks!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

KathyO
02-12-2003, 04:42 PM
I just keep them in a basket hanging from a hook on the wall, and step into the bathroom to moisten them under the tap. For us that's not a big detour because our house is so tiny, but for you it may be a little more awkward. It took a couple of weeks to pick up the habit, but now I just don't think about it.

Best,

KathyO

egoldber
02-12-2003, 04:59 PM
I keep mine in an old disposable wipes container. I put about 18 in at a time.

I put 5 drops of tea tree oil in the bottom of the container, fill it about a 1/2 full of water and then add the wipes. I do this once every other day.

HTH,

mama2be
02-13-2003, 05:55 PM
There is a site called weebees (I think) that has a special recipe for wipes. It was "froo froo" and might be costly to maintain but sure did sound lovely. My ped stressed you only need water, but this one did appear yummy!!!! :)...

If you can't find it email me and I'll see if I can find it. I know I printed it off somewhere :)...

Great question by the way because I've wondered how I was going to juggle the wipes thing too...

parkersmama
02-14-2003, 06:08 PM
I've seen some of those recipes. I might try one but I have a feeling that it will become too much trouble quickly and I'll resort to just the basics!

Thank you all for your suggestions! Reading what you have to say about CD has really helped me to make a decision about it and I feel good about going forward from here. I even ordered a bunch of "getting started" supplies although I'm going to use newborn disposables in the very beginning. I just can't stand the thought of that meconium on cloth...YUCK! I did a lot of research and ended up ordering some size 0 Kissaluvs, 2 Kissaluvs contours (they look so easy!), some ME Sandy's, some CPFs, a Bumpkins AIO, a Prorap AIO (I think), and a sampling of covers: a Bumpkins, a Bummis, a Prorap, and 2 ME AirFlows. I can't wait for everything to arrive and get my hands on them! I tried to get a good sampling of diapers without waiting to try out the one at a time thing. I know myself well enough that if I got just a few, I'd never commit to doing it and CDing would fall by the wayside. I tried to order sizes that are basically just up from newborn and that I hope will last to between 6 and 12 months (depending on the type of diaper). Both my boys hit 12 lbs around 2 months and 20ish lbs around 1 year so I'm going based on those weights. I hope this baby won't turn out to be a porker cause I'll have to change all my estimates! LOL!

Anyway...just wanted to say thanks for the help!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003