PDA

View Full Version : CD Mommies...

Melanie
02-10-2003, 09:53 PM
What's your favorite cover? I need more and I'm really bad at decisions! I like Happy Pants & Rikki Wrap the best so far, but I was looking at Full Moon Baby Gear's, too.

Thanks

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
02-10-2003, 10:53 PM
I haven't tried a lot, but my absolute favorite is the Motherease Airflow. Absolutely anything fits under it and I have never had a leak with it. My second favorite is a Prorap Classic.

I mainly use FuzziBunz at night (since Sarah finally grew into the Petite Toddler size), so I don't generally use a cover at night. But I have used the Airflow at night many times with no trouble.

I have also tried Bummis (wicks for me and I can't get a prefold to fit in it) and Bumkins (the velcro kept scratching Sarah).

HTH,

sparkeze
02-11-2003, 02:32 PM
I second the ME Airflows! I have a Bumpy Day cover too, but I generally don't like velcro. And I just ordered a Zootkitty cover - it has gussets but I ordered side snapping ones. Also Ivy-Rose makes the $10 cover which also has gussets. I'm really liking gussets these days, not because DS's poop is so runny, but he tends to plop down after pooping and it's pretty gross to have poop all over the inside of his pants! But I'm probably making your decision harder givng more suggestions!

KathyO
02-11-2003, 02:45 PM
And I third the MotherEase Airflows. They don't work the best on itty bitty infants, but since DD got to 6 months, they've been my favourite cover.

Cheers,

KathyO

Melanie
02-12-2003, 04:43 AM
Wow - really? I have one ME AF and I like it okay, but like my ME Rikki Wrap better. I ordered 2 Bumkins Wraps b/c they are a similiar style to my ME RW, and don't like them nearly as much. The velcro is SO stiff and scratchy, plus they seem plasticy compared to me ME's.

Right now I just prefer the speed at which a velcro-front goes on as compared to the dual-snapping style. And I can't seem to ever get the legs right. Either too lose and I have to tighten them or too tight.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
02-12-2003, 08:50 AM
I treat my Airflow as a semi pull-up. I get the snaps adjusted right. Then when I take it off, I only unsnap one of the waist snaps. It will just pull right off. The next time you go to use the wrap, just pull it on and snap the one waist snap. This works great for us, but my DD has never been a wiggly one at diaper changes. We are still using the PNP changing table. :) I have 6 Airflow covers and one Prorap Classic so that is pretty much all I use.

HTH,

MelissaTC
02-12-2003, 04:01 PM
My favorite cover is the Bummis Super Whisper Wrap. Matthew has never leaked and they fit well over both cpfs and fitted dipes, including ME Sandies.

Melanie
02-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Oh, that's a great idea for the side-snappers. thanks.

>I treat my Airflow as a semi pull-up. I get the snaps
>adjusted right. Then when I take it off, I only unsnap one
>of the waist snaps. It will just pull right off. The next
>time you go to use the wrap, just pull it on and snap the
>one waist snap. This works great for us, but my DD has never
>been a wiggly one at diaper changes. We are still using the
>PNP changing table. :) I have 6 Airflow covers and one
>Prorap Classic so that is pretty much all I use.
>
>HTH,

Mommy to Jonah

Zansu
02-12-2003, 05:59 PM
We like our Bummis too!