PDA

View Full Version : Best clothing...brands & styles...for CD

parkersmama
02-07-2003, 05:13 PM
I think I've about settled on CD for this third baby since it appears that I will be staying home with her. I was wondering, those of you with experience especially with girls, which clothing brands and styles (one pieces, overalls, leggings, etc) fit well over cloth diapers. I've seen a lot of mentions about CD making for a much larger baby bottom than disposables and that some clothing just don't work well with them. I've only got a few things right now and they are Gymboree & Carter's, I believe. I just have no experience with this since my boys both wore Luvs! TIA for your help!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

egoldber
02-07-2003, 05:20 PM
I find that in pants especially I need to move up a size sooner now that Sarah is in CDs. I find that I get the best fit with playsuits, rompers and pants, rather than leggings. By best fit, I mean that the diaper is less obvious. I still put leggings on Sarah all the time, but her butt does look huge in them.

Clothes that are sized generously include Lands End and Hanna Andersson. But I also have plenty of stuff from Carters and Gymboree. Lord & Taylor also has a line called Moonbeams that fits really well over cloth diapers and is relatively inexpensive (leggings and shirts for $12). Those aren't sale prices and I routinely get them on sale and an additional 20% off.

HTH,

parkersmama
02-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks! I love Lands' End so that will be good. Of course, I love Hanna too but they are so expensive. I think the closet Lord & Taylor to me is in Atlanta about 1 1/2 hours away so I probably won't get there too often.

A lot of the outfits I see for little girls (especially for summer) are tops with those little matching diaper covers. How's that gonna work with CD? I've been curious about whether those will actually fit over a cloth diaper & diaper cover...seems like a lot of bulk! I will probably buy a few AIOs so maybe they'll work better under them?

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

egoldber
02-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Those styles are generally perfect for CDs. The diaper cover is usually a little poofy and fits great over a CD.

HTH,

KathyO
02-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I've had good luck with overalls, particularly the OshKosh. They use lots of fun, girly patterns as well, so you can still get a nice no-I'm-not-a-boy look! One-piece playsuits can also look good with CDs. The older the child gets, the less of a problem it generally is... just steer clear of the really snugfit pants and leggings. (I dislike leggings anyway because of the hassle involved in peeling them down in order to change a diaper.) Shirts that snap in the crotch are also good for keeping a nice line, and I'm sure it's more comfortable for kiddo if things don't ride up.

And in summer, CDs are great with those cute little cotton sundresses. I picked up a pair of Winnie-the-Pooh denim bloomers to go over the CD and cover when I know she's going to get grubby, but just having the CD and cover under the dress looks fine too. (I love the cute little whale and pawprint decorations on the MotherEase covers!)

HTH! Cheers,

KathyO