PDA

View Full Version : diapers4less.com

llzink
01-07-2003, 12:07 PM
We are getting ready for first child. This website is great. We are deciding on where to get diapers. The book recommends diapers4less but I do not see any reviews or opinions on them. Has anyone used them. Please repley with experiences good and bad. Are we better off just buying them at a local Sams Club? Thanks

egoldber
01-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I always found the best diaper prices to be at BRU with the 15% off coupon from American Baby magazine OR at Target. BRU has the same large size boxes that my Costco has, but Costco doesn't take coupons.

I also wouldn't buy the jumbo boxes until your baby gets to be a size 3 or 4. They go through the smaller sizes so fast that you could easily get "caught" with a big box that's too small.

HTH,

sarsah
01-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Try Super Target or Super WalMart. In my area (metro Atlanta), they are cheaper than the warehouse clubs.

Sarah.........

kfcboston
02-09-2003, 12:05 AM
Wow -- not too much input on this topic! I'm surprised. I'm expecting my first and am most certainly at a bit of a loss on this one as well. Diapers4less looks like a pretty good price, with free shipping, and obviously convenient. For some reason, the selection at my local BRU didn't seem that great. I haven't checked my Target yet.

If anyone has any additional thoughts on getting diapers on-line or otherwise, please speak up! Thanks to those who have already shared their wisdom......

Katie
EDD w/ #1 -- 3/7/03!!

Momof3Labs
02-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Here's my thought on Diapers4Less: you are buying a generic brand in a large quantity, and if they don't work for you (generics didn't work for us), that is an awful lot of diapers to be stuck with (for a lot of money). You could try the sample packs, but those are awfully pricey (probably to offset the free shipping) at 50 cents a diaper.

I wouldn't bother with these for sizes newborn or small - that's probably way more diapers than you will need in either size.

We get the best prices on diapers at BRU (with a coupon) or Wal-Mart. Osco just had a sale for $13.99 for a jumbo pack of Pampers; that is also a great price so we stocked up.

If you can use generics, you can get a good price on them at BRU, Wal-Mart or Target.

You said that the selection didn't look great at BRU - what did they have and what did you expect them to have? Most places don't have more than 3-4 brands of diapers, sometimes 5.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

jd11365
02-09-2003, 10:11 AM
So what are good prices for diapers?
We bought a huge bulk size of 1/2 Huggies at Sams for $29, because they came to only .13 cents each...which was cheaper than the .25 cents each of the larger sizes. We figured we wouldn't buy more than 1 box because we didn't want to get "stuck" with more than 228 diapers that were so small. Can someone give me a breakdown of cost factor?

Thanks!

kfcboston
02-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Actually, I didn't know what to expect!! LOL! I think they had 3-4 brands at the time, but it seemed a little picked over. I also had trouble for some reason deciphering the different types available. I think I need to do a little more homework!!

Katie