PDA

View Full Version : swim diaper for infants

braedensmom
02-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Hello,

My son (10 months) is going to be in swim lessons and I wondered what type of diapers were the best, I have ordered some Kushies swim diapers (reusable) for him but do not know how well they work. If anyone here has any experience with Kushies or other types, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

Tammy

egoldber
02-06-2003, 06:23 PM
I have always used the Huggies Little Swimmers. They seem to work well, but they are very seasonal and hard to find. They also fit VERY trimly.

HTH,

August Mom
02-06-2003, 06:50 PM
So the Huggies Little Swimmers fit differently than Huggies diapers? DS has never been able to wear Huggies because they are too big around.

KathyO
02-06-2003, 07:17 PM
I've been using the MotherEase swim diapers, and have been very happy with how they fit, and how long a life they have, in terms of being adjustable by size. They've never had what I guess would be the ultimate challenge (a full force-ten explosive poop) but I gather that it's a rare baby who will actually do this in a pool anyway.

Cheers,

KathyO

Melanie
02-06-2003, 07:47 PM
I haven't any Cloth Swim Diapers yet, but if you do get Huggies Little Swimmers, definitely size up if you are near the upper end of the ranger.

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
02-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I have always been reluctant to use the cloth swim diapers because I find that Sarah spends a fair amount of time "running around" outside the pool/ocean as well. The cloth ones don't contain pee at all (that I can tell). The Little Swimmers hold about one pee.

And yes, they fit very differently from the regular Huggies. It is more like a pull-on swim pant than a diaper.

HTH,

brubeck
02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
The Huggies swim diapers aren't so great, but as far as I can tell there's nothing better out there. BRU tends to carry them year round, and they do accept those '15% off one pack of Huggies' coupons on the swim diapers.

kfcboston
02-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Just as a sidebar -- I read this thread with interest b/c the Y I swim laps at only has weekend lap hours while half of the pool is full of families. While I thoroughly enjoy watching all the adorable kids with their equally adorable parents, I find myself having to wonder how much urine I'm accidentally swallowing!! LOL!! Brubeck's post I find discouraging.

Katie
EDD w/ #1 -- 3/7/03!!

brubeck
02-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Haven't you seen that TV commercial where the guy dives into the pool, swims by the little kid and the kid shouts, "Mommy, I don't have to go potty anymore!". Then the tagline is something like, 'you're not as clean as you think'.

I'll think of you now whenever I see it. :-)

But seriously, I believe that this is one of the reasons why there is so much chlorine in public pools.

kfcboston
02-07-2003, 02:45 PM
You are SO funny!! That's right -- I HAVE seen that commercial once or twice and I HAD to smile. LOL! If it's for Dial soap, I also crack up at the one where the guy gets out of the sauna and uses a nasty used towel on his face.

Katie