PDA

View Full Version : Question for you CDing mommys out there...

todzwife
01-30-2003, 10:13 PM
I know you are probably getting sick of me asking all these questions, sorry! This may sound silly, but what is the point in buying really cute fitted diapers when they still need a cover over them? lukesdrawers.com has their VERY cute one size wonders, but as I understand, they still need a cover which would COVER the cuteness...hmmmm.? Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!
Shandelle :)

KathyO
01-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Nope, you're right. The dipes look sweet if you want to pop baby into one and take a picture, but otherwise, only you will know that they're there!

And don't worry about asking a lot of questions... I went totally mental on the research before taking the plunge. And the dithering and debate and general agonizing that went into the stroller, well... that was an even larger kettle of fish!

Cheers,

KathyO

Melanie
01-31-2003, 11:29 PM
I thought that was funny, too. All this work and everything into these gorgeous dipes that most don't see. Actually, for that matter, most people won't even be seeing your covers either. ;) Good reason to go with the basics I guess. However, my son ripped into the package from Luke's Drawers and drug a pair all over the house today, first time he's done that!

>I know you are probably getting sick of me asking all these
>questions, sorry! This may sound silly, but what is the
>point in buying really cute fitted diapers when they still
>need a cover over them? lukesdrawers.com has their VERY cute
>one size wonders, but as I understand, they still need a
>cover which would COVER the cuteness...hmmmm.? Any ideas?
>Thanks a bunch!
>Shandelle :)

Mommy to Jonah

todzwife
02-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks for being so nice! PLEASE let me know if I am getting annoying! Just tell me I need a time out! LOL!

joodyjr
02-01-2003, 11:29 PM
If I have to answer one more dang blang diaper question... LOL Just Kidding!!!! That's what we're all here for!!! Ask as many questions as you can! Better to ask too many than not enough.

Personally, I'd get very bored looking at hum drum plain jane diapers day in and day out. I get a big kick picking out cute little prints and which cutie diaper will she wear this time.

Especially when we go to Church or friends and I know I'll end up changing her there, I make sure to pack one of her exceptionally cute diapers!

On the downside though, cute prints and what not, only add fuel to the addiction fire. I can't seem to stop buying diapers. LOL

I know what too cute diaper is on her little tushy and that's enough for me!

KathyO
02-02-2003, 12:36 AM
I dunno - if I'm gonna spend money on interesting and scenic underwear for someone in the family, it's gonna be for ME!!! ;) Bring on the push-up bras and silk panties...

todzwife
02-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Kathy! You crack me up! I know what you all mean about this becoming an addiction! I can't believe all the way cute diapers out there! I ordered 1 Lukes Drawers All in Wonder (very cute) and was so impressed with how soft the snap in soaker is. If I had to choose between a disposable paper diaper or a soft cloth diaper against MY bum, I would definately pick the cloth! I am really excited to have someone to try these all out on! LOL!

egoldber
02-05-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm a bit utilitarian when it comes to diapers also. I just don't see the point of a lot of the really cute prints out there (and they ARE adorable). I do love diapers that are very soft to the touch, which is why I am very fond of Kissaluvs.

But I will say that a few cute AIOS are really great for impressing non-CD'ing friends and family with the ease and cuteness of cloth diapers. :)

HTH,