PDA

View Full Version : Well, I received some CD samples...

natividad
01-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Besides the disposables that I have already, I decided to order some CD samples to try out when the baby is here (six more weeks to go). I got a dozen CPF's from naturalebaby, and several Kissaluvs contour diapers, snappies and a NB Prorap cover from naturalbabies. I am still waiting for a Kissaluv fitted diaper, and a Sandy fitted diaper to also try out.

I think I am going to really like the Kissaluv contour diaper. I LOVE the pale yellow color and fleecy feel. I also like the attached liner. The only thing that I noticed is that the NB Prorap cover seems almost too small for the Kissaluv contour diaper, and the small ME Airflow too big :-/

The only other thing that I wish I could do with the Kissaluv contour is to fasten it. I thought I read on one of the websites that snappies are not to be used with the Kissaluv contour...or am I mistaken?

Naty (March 03)

nohomama
01-23-2003, 04:10 PM
I've used a snappi with the Kissaluv contours (love these diapers!) and it works well and hasn't damaged the diapers in any way. As for the covers, I used prowraps exclusively when Lola was newborn and you do have to cram the diaper in there. I folded a prefold to the length of the cover, then into thirds (like the "angel wing" fold without opening up the back to make wings). The result kind of looked like Lola had a brick in her pants but it worked. ANY cloth diaper will look like it's going to swallow your newborn whole, but within several weeks things become more proportional.

egoldber
01-23-2003, 05:55 PM
I have used a Snappi on mine when I sue the Airflow cover. I think the Prorap covers run a little small. Sarah needs a Large, even thought the sizing chart says a Medium should fit. I use it without fastening it in the Prorap cover and it worked great.

HTH,

natividad
01-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Thanks Sarah and Beth for your responses. I checked the naturalbabies website and she states that snappies are not recommended with the contours (odd), however they can be pinned. If the snappies work for the two of you, then I will go ahead and use them as well...at least until I get better at just laying the diapers inside the cover without pinning them :-) Thanks again!

Naty (March 03)

KathyO
01-23-2003, 07:24 PM
The ME Airflow cover does "fit big". I ended up going with the ME Rikki wraps when she was small, because it can be made as small as you like, and moving into the Airflows once she transitioned to the larger size diapers.

Cheers,

KathyO

natividad
01-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks Kathy. I came very close to ordering a Rikki sample when I placed my Sandy order the other day. I think I will go ahead and give the Rikki a try. Thanks again ladies!

Naty (March 03)

natividad
01-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Kathy, I noticed ME offers an extra small Rikki. Should I go with that or a regular small size? TIA

Naty (March 03)

KathyO
01-23-2003, 11:26 PM
I'd say a regular small. Unless your child is a real preemie, they'll be out of the extra small in a few weeks, or less. And if you give birth to a real bruiser, they'd be out of it almost instantaneously.

Best,

KathyO