PDA

View Full Version : I ordered my CDs!

C99
01-17-2003, 05:47 PM
No real point to this post, except that I ordered 30 diapers (AIOs and fitted) and 6 covers last night. I can't wait to see what these things actually look like!

egoldber
01-17-2003, 09:23 PM
So what did you get? Tell us all about it! I am trying to be good and live vicariously through others purchases! :)

Melanie
01-17-2003, 09:38 PM
I get excited, too! Who would have thought diapers would excite me, but Ds looks so cute in them.

Mommy to Jonah

gour0
01-17-2003, 09:48 PM
http://www.darlingdiapers.com

It was posted in the baby bedding section. They're so cute! Check out the 'photo gallery'.

egoldber
01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Melanie, you should post an update and let us know how your diapers are going! Has DH come around? (Mine hasn't and I suspect he never will...)

joodyjr
01-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Hey!! That's my little Emily in the Photo Gallery in the Newborn diaper!!!

gour0
01-17-2003, 11:41 PM
Cool! She's adorable.

egoldber
01-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Awwwww!

joodyjr
01-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Checkout our website

http://pages.ivillage.com/joodyjr/

C99
01-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Well, I basically followed your (and others) advice, except for the fact that I didn't get any CPFs because I'm somewhat scared of falling off the CD wagon if I have to *pin* a diaper or try to manuver an infant into a cover without pinning the CPF. ;- Anyway:

6 Kissaluvs fleece/terry combo, size 0.
6 Kissaluvs* terry, size 0.
3 Prowraps, 2 w/ velcro and 1 w/ snaps.
12 Motherease Sandies, newborn size.
6 ME liners
3 AF covers
6 white Bumkins AIOs, newborn/small size.

* Incidentally, did anyone know that Kissaluvs have their base just outside of Houston, TX? My mom lives in that area and came across a Kissaluvs ad for a seamstress while job-hunting. Too bad that they don't have an outlet in Houston.

Caroline

Melanie
01-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Aww...how cute! Do you like the Darling Diapers? I've been tempted, but I haven't tried any...

Mommy to Jonah

Melanie
01-18-2003, 01:20 PM
>Melanie, you should post an update and let us know how your
>diapers are going! Has DH come around? (Mine hasn't and I
>suspect he never will...)

Well, I'm still waiting for my last order which was supposed to give us enough for full time, but now I think it won't b/c I can't get the premium size PFs to snappi around Ds. I guess he's too big. Anyway, it will still give us 6 toddler Pfs and a Crickett to bring us to a total 4 fitteds, 2 covers, 3 AIOs, & 6 PFs. Right now I basically CD for a day then disposable at night and while I wash/dry the next day. They almost get all dry hanging in one day...

I'm hoping to slowly add some more WAHM fitteds & AIOs as well as a some more covers in the next few weeks.

Last night was the first BM in a cloth diaper and Dh was there, he said, "I don't know about this cloth diaper stuff." He didn't have to DO anything, just keep Ds amused, so I don't know if he's coming around. Mostly he sees that I've spent about 2-3 times one month's cost of disposables to "save" money. =)

Thanks for asking (& for ALL the advice)!

Mommy to Jonah

PS - I have another question, for those of you that have ME Sandies, OS & AIO - do they have a really LOW rise? Like an inch or more below the belly button or did I buy the wrong size here?

egoldber
01-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Hmm. Kissaluvs are "known" for having a low rise. Personally, I like that, but some people don't. I would say that all the Motherease diapers have an "average" to high rise. How much does your DS weigh, how old is he and what size did you buy?

I would be very surprised if premiums CPFs didn't fit your DS. I seldom use the premiums on DD because I think they are too big, and I prefer the "regular" size. Maybe experiment with some different folds? And TUG on those wings in the back.

HTH,

mama2be
01-18-2003, 06:25 PM
I ordered her velour wipes in royal blue :) And also got the golf wipes and the firehouse wipes...I would have bought all blue velour if she had enough at the time...now she has more...

They should come any day...she was delightful to deal with...

Melanie
01-18-2003, 09:22 PM
He's 23 pounds, 14 months, wears size 18 months, and I bought large of the Sandy's and AIO, and of course the OS is One-size.

I tried the angel fold and those wings just weren't coming forward enough to meet the front part.

Mommy to Jonah

Melanie
01-20-2003, 06:48 PM
I just found out (okay, this is probably well-known to the veterans) that I can use a wrap cover like my Rikki with a prefold and not pin it. I'm glad they aren't a waste after all.

Mommy to Jonah

sparkeze
01-21-2003, 01:23 AM
I would think the L ME stuff and premium PFs would fit him! I'm not sure what the fold I do is called but I fold the PF into thirds, but open up the back all the way. Then I fold down the front and snappi. Is that how you do it? If there's some skin in between the wing and front, you could loosen the front fold a bit(open it up a little) to cover up any exposed skin. You definitely don't want the snappi scratching up your baby's skin!! And with the ME stuff, if your baby has a higher than normal rise, you will definitely find that they are below the belly button. the Sandy's, AIO, and onesize don't cover up my son's belly button. They come up to about 1/2 inch below though, and he has a pretty average rise.

Melanie
01-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the tip, I will try that with the PF b/c that's just how I fold it (I think it's called "Angel Wing" fold) and there's skin. Also, that's how the ME's fit Ds, too. I don't think he's particularly tall. It's just an adjustment from the way his Size 4 Pampers fit.

Mommy to Jonah