PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Bumpy wool covers?

sparkeze
01-12-2003, 12:44 AM
I ordered an XL Bumpy Wool and it was huge. So I just got a L and it fits, but I can't get it tight around DS's waist to cover up a fitted diaper. I tried a ME Sandys and a Liz's Cloth and with both of them the back of the Bumpy is gaping. It's not really a problem with leaks since the back of DS's diapers rarely get wet, but it is kind of irritating. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I just going to have to use thinner diapers underneath it?

egoldber
01-12-2003, 09:04 AM
I have not used them, but I also have a sizing question.

I am wanting to try some different covers, but I am not sure whether to order a L or XL Bumpy Night cover (not the wool cover). The Bumpy size ranges seem a bit confusing to me. The Large range is 20-26 pounds and XL range is 24-30 pounds. For reference Sarah fits perfectly in a Prorap Classic Large (size range 24-35 pounds) and I think she weighs about 24 pounds.

TIA!

mama2be
01-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Ladies...please give us...or me a review of these covers...Iw ant them soo bladly and have "registered" for them amoungst my friends...

Thanks!!!

nohomama
01-12-2003, 01:58 PM
I've used all the Bumpy covers and never had the kind of problems you're discribing. However, I only used them with prefolds and contours. I hadn't invested in any fitteds yet.

The sizing and fit of the Bumpy covers was alway right on for Lola. The size range on them is smaller/shorter than most other covers I've tried and Lola did outgrow them more quickly. My advise Beth, is to go with the XL rather than the L.

egoldber
01-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Thanks! I had almost reached that decision anyway. What is it with the weight ranges on covers? I bought a bunch of mediums initially based on the ranges and regretted that pretty soon. Sarah fits pretty well in most large covers, but I was a bit concerned by the range on the Bumpy's. Thanks again!

mama2be
01-13-2003, 10:15 AM
This is what I found this morning...Reviews!!!!

http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/ItemDetail.asp?ID=41