PDA

View Full Version : Diapers for bigger babies...update

daisymommy
01-07-2003, 10:51 PM
I posted a little while back about being dissapointed with Pampers Cruisers dipaers. I find that the stretchy side panels are just not stretchy and wide enough to wrap around far enough to the front. However, when I went with a bigger size, the leg holes were so big that everything leaked out! YUCK! I absolutely loved Pampers Swaddlers (which only go up to size 2), and would have paid through the teeth to continue putting Joshua in them (he's in size 3's now).

When on Christmas vacation in Michigan, I bought some Meijer's store brand diapers called "Drybabies." Meijers is similar to a Walmart. Let me tell you--they are just like Pamper's Swaddlers!!!:7 And they go up to size 6! The best thing is that they are 25% cheaper than Pampers. If you have a Meijers in your area, I highly suggest you try them.

The only bad thing? There are no Meijers here in Virgina :-( I called the 1-800 on the package, and was told that Dri-bottoms (sold at Walmart) are identical to Dri-babies, and that only the character design on the front was different. I was so excited that I didn't buy any more of the Dribabies diapers before leaving leaving Michigan. And guess what? I bought some Dri-bottoms and they are NOT the same! BOO-HOO! I am so disappointed! They are thinner, stiffer, and cut slimmer (like Huggies Ultra-trim, IMO).

So, the search for a soft, padded, large cut diaper for my 20lb. 4 month old continues...sigh.
Beth, CDs are starting to sound better and better! Maybe you should have a little demonstration on our retreat!