PDA

View Full Version : what size prefold should I order?

csa12
04-14-2003, 04:05 PM
I am having the hardest time trying to decide? I took some measurements today and here they are:
Thighs: 10 inches
Waist: 17-17.5
Rise: 13.5-14 inches

Granted I took these while DS was wearing a disposable (yuck!) so they are very rough. I am trying to decide between regulars (white stitched prefolds) and premium prefolds.

WHat do babies with similar measurements wear?

Appreciate any info you can share :)
Cheryl

egoldber
04-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Do you mean infant regular (light green stitching) and infant premium (dark green stitching)? Or the larger regular (white stitching) and premiums (blue stitching). If you mean the larger sizes, I think a 4 month old would be SWALLOWED by the premium size. I mainly use regulars on Sarah, and premiums only at naps or nighttime. She can wear both sizes, but the regulars are so much more trim and as absorbant as we need.

HTH,

csa12
04-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Liam currently wears infant premiums (dark green stitching) which barely wrap around enough at his waist for me to pin or snappi. I think I am going to try the regulars. I think because of his thighs his sizing is a little tricky. I also wanted to avoid getting CDs that he will quickly outgrow.

Once again thanks for the input, ( I swear Beth I should just email you directly with all my questions--I have learned everything from you!) :) Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

egoldber
04-14-2003, 08:04 PM
I must add my advice here is not the standard advice on the diapering websites and boards (which is to go straight from infant premium to premium). I personally think it is worth the dollars to use regulars and have diapers that really FIT and don't completely overwhelm your child. You may want to buy a few of each and see what you think.

If you want to get more life out of the infant premiums, you could try using a bikini fold. I find that gives me wider "wings" (both in front and in back) that are easier to Snappi. As long as they are still absorbant enough, that could tide you over for awhile.

HTH,