PDA

View Full Version : ? about triple paste...

muskiesusan
04-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Nick has a bad diaper rash that I haven't been able to get rid of. I went to the pharmacy and asked about triple paste and the pharmacist handed me a tube of zinc oxide stating that's what it is. Is this true? I didn't buy it b/c that didn't seem right to me.

TIA
Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01

SASM
04-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Susan,

I have no clue what triple paste is ~ maybe similar to Neosporin's triple antibiotic ointment? Have you tried Bag Balm? There's also something called Boudreaux's Butt Paste which I have heard works wonders. :-) HTH!

http://www.buttpaste.com/virtualmall/index.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=0013

gravymommy3
04-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Susan,

I don't know if you CD or not, but I have used something in the past called Resinol (you would have to ask the pharamacist for it - they usually keep it on the shelves where they special order stuff). I would not use it and a cloth diap at the same time, unless you use a fleece liner or such because it will prob. stain (when I have used it, I was not CDing at the time). But, it will clear up a rash in a short amount of time. It is very thick (and pink!) and clings very well, even to raw spots (we have had some killer rashes!!) Good luck clearing it up.

blnony
04-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Okay, I just went through this last week...ARGH those rashes. Here is a link to that thread.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/976.html

The triple paste has worked wonders for us. It doesn't affect my diapers which I like, and it did the job in two days, and now I just use it at night, and Audrey hasn't had a single problem.

Call some other pharmacies, and ask around. Its not just zinc oxide. You can also order it from the lab which I think I'm going to do for the big tub. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating those rashes can be.
Edited to add: I cloth diaper.

Melanie
04-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Triple paste worked great for us! When Ds hat a yeasty rash we did lotrimine, triple paste and then vaseline for good measure.

Now if he's ever a tiny bit red, we just triple paste it and it works like a charm! It's in a tub, small or gigantic. I got ours at a small Savnon inside the grocery store. You might want to call around b/c I think ours only stocks one at a time.

How disappointing that the pharmacist steered you wrong.

natividad
04-17-2003, 06:02 PM
If you cannot find the triple paste, you may want to try Aveeno diaper creme. Also, Johnson's and Gerber make diaper rash cremes containing zinc oxide (Johnson's is 13% and Gerber's is 40% zinc oxide). Another diaper rash creme you may want to ask the pharmacist for is Flanders Buttuck's Ointment, which is also 13% zinc oxide. I find the Flanders a tiny bit more moisturizing though.

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03

etwahl
04-17-2003, 06:47 PM
One thing I like about triple paste over some of the other diaper rash creams is that 1. it's really thick (so stays on really well) and 2. it doesn't smell medicinal. I found that the weleda diaper rash cream STINKS...it's so strong and I hated that! The triple paste is awesome and cleared up the rash immediately whereas none of the others I'd tried did.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

MelissaTC
04-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Matthew recently had a rash and I used Aquaphor. Worked well and it is in the hand lotion section in the drugstore.