PDA

View Full Version : DH thinks I've lost my mind...he might be right

blnony
04-16-2003, 08:29 AM
Just a funny story about how life consuming my quest with cloth diapers has become. I decided to follow Neve's advice about boiling hemp diapers, actually just my hemp soakers since they don't have snaps. I got out my giant pot, filled it with water, let it start boiling, and proceded to put my hemp joey bunz and other hemp soakers into boil, using DH's big "grilling" tongs, and put on two oven mits after buring myself with boiling water. About this time, he comes home from work and is pretty curious about what I'm doing. His comment, "Please tell me you're not boiling a bunny..." I had to laugh, but my reply, "no, I'm just boiling my hemp," which sounded even more crazy.:) So now he thinks I'm insane and I'm having to wonder if he's right.;) How did I become so obessed with these things?

candybomiller
04-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Ok Brianna, I was standing at my stove yesterday thinking that I was going to have to post this EXACT SAME THING! DH came home, asked what was on the stove for dinner. You should have seen his face when I told him I was boiling diaper inserts. It was priceless.

However, the subject line on mine was going to be something along the lines of "Salt and pepper to season????"

I felt like I had completely gone around the bend. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Candy
CD obsessed Mommy to Matthew Nicholas, 5/22/02

mama2be
04-16-2003, 09:29 AM
OH yikes...I haven't kept reading the responses here...but did I say to "boil them"???? If I did it was a huge typo on my part I've never boiled them nor heard to do that...but must say am thinking about running over to the stove to do it...

Now smoke them that has occured to me :)...but boiling them never thought of that one...

Did it work????

mama2be
04-16-2003, 09:30 AM
I so hope someone said to boil these things and I didn't make typo that said I boiled them...

blnony
04-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Neve, don't fret. It actually helped the absorbency a lot!! I think it was in your hemp care post, I can't remember. But I've read that somewhere else before too...:)
You can't boil anything with snaps or aplix but the inserts are fine. They are actually a lot less stiff and feel more like a jersey material now. They don't have any smell either. I highly recommend it.
You didn't make a typo...it was good advice.

egoldber
04-16-2003, 09:43 AM
I don't remember who suggested it here, but I have read many places to boil hemp (and also unbleached chinese prefolds) to speed up the break in process. And you shouldn't boil anything with a snaps or velcro (like a fitted diaper).

HTH,

egoldber
04-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Jinx!!! :)

mama2be
04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
...before Steve and Tristan wake up :)...

Edited to say...I can't my doublers are snap in!!!!

mamahill
04-16-2003, 01:40 PM
I mentioned boiling unbleached CPF... I haven't, but maybe now I will! LOL

egoldber
04-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Well I joined the hemp cooking club today! :)

My naturalbabies order came today, including a Babykicks hemp prefold, an unbleached toddler prefold and few other hemp things. So I was boiling away when DH came home and asked what was for dinner! Fortunately I ALSO had a pot of chili on the stove. :)