PDA

View Full Version : We're going into day 4 things lookin' up :)...

mama2be
04-16-2003, 09:45 AM
I couldn't find my original thread or I would have added on to that...

But we are going into day 4 today and I have gottent he hang on if slightly DH has changed two I think :)...

We do disposable during the night till I feel these things are washed and absorbant enough.

My major problem is I fold the Crickett doubler in there so that it is all in front and lay my fleece in. Keeping the folded doubler in place is my largest obsticle.

When I snap these I wonder if I am making them too tight, but he is so on the lower side of it's weight scale that I suspect and assume that is where it should be.

They've been washed for the third time but this morning will be the first diaper that I try that has been washed 3 times. Tristan is still asleep with daddy this morning they are both sleeping in. So you don't think my DH is a bum he laid 9 pallets of sod in our back yard yesterday and is miserable right now...and still has one more to go today...

egoldber
04-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Yeah! It really only gets easier. The hard part is getting a new routine together and finding out what works for you. I heard somewhere once (I think it was a 7 Habits seminar that work sent me to!) that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Keep it up for 17 more days and you'll be all set! :) But expect to continue "tweaking" your system for a long time!

blnony
04-16-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm glad its getting better. I've noticed with my Crickett's that it takes about 5 or so washings before they really started to work great. Now they are so soft. I'm sure it will continue to improve. As time goes on you'll figure out neat tricks and stuff..thats the fun part. Sometimes I just get so proud of myself, then my mom reminds me that she already knew that 30 years ago...well, I'm still happy I figured it out:)
And..how lucky are you that Tristan is sleeping in. I'm so jealous. Audrey was up at 6 am sharp. She's like a little tiny Drill Sergeant.

mamahill
04-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Yay Neve! And yay Steve! So he doesn't change the diapers, but he's giving you a beautiful back yard!

I just wanted to congratulate you on it. After a while it becomes downright fun! If you think they're too tight, check out Tristan's legs and waist after taking of a diaper. Are there deep red creases? If so, maybe snap a little looser. If not, then it's just fine!

My only problem now is that I have a pail full of dirty diapers, but I look into my diaper drawer and think, "But I haven't used that one yet!" I will admit I put the clean diapers beneath the stacks, so all "get a chance." I'm such an equal opportunity diaperer - I don't want any to feel left out :D.