PDA

View Full Version : Why is this?

gravymommy3
04-16-2003, 05:01 PM
I ordered some CDs the other day (my first order) and they have not arrived yet. They are only coming from a distance of about 100-150 miles away (same state), so I am a little worried because they have had plenty of time to get here.

Anyway, here is my question. Why, when you order something from a big retailer, they are totally responsible for getting the item to you (ie, if it gets lost in the mail, they send you a replacement), but with a WAHM, they make it your responsibility to insure the item? Shouldn't they have to make sure you get what you order from them? I am worried because I did not even think to ask about insurance on this order (and she did not mention it) and I certainly don't want to eat this loss. Anyone out there have feelings on this issue?

TIA

blnony
04-16-2003, 08:44 PM
It is a hassel sometimes. A lot of times it depends on who you order from too. I've had to wait up to 6 weeks before!ARG! But sometimes I get them 3 or 4 days. Did they email when they mailed the package?
HTH-

egoldber
04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Usually, the best WAHMs send you an e-mail to tell you when your package has shipped. I placed an order with naturalbabies on Saturday, she notified me it shipped on Monday (via priority mail) and I got it today. And that was Las Vegas to Washington DC. But I have found in general that mail from major urban center to major urban center is almost always faster than mail from urban center to a smaller town (don't know where you live, sorry!). In my experience the best turnaround time I have ever had was 3 days from order to receipt (and again that was naturalbabies).

I have read of situations where a package has been lost and almost always the WAHM has made up the loss or come to some kind of satisfactory arrangement with the buyer.

HTH,

triciaok1
04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Amy,
Who did you order from? Do they have a Yahoo Group page, if so, you may want to join it so you can check on the status. I know I ordered some wet bags and they are delayed because the supplier of the PUL was delayed getting the inventory out to the WAHM.
~Tricia

gravymommy3
04-16-2003, 10:27 PM
I spoke with the person and it was mailed on Friday, the 11th, parcel post. I live in the Atlanta area and it was mailed from Augusta (which just is not that far away). I guess I am just panicking cause I will be out $160ish if it does not show up. Keep fingers crossed for me :)