PDA

View Full Version : Not liking Kushies flushable liners...

natividad
04-17-2003, 06:25 PM
So, should I return them? I find them sooo rough to the touch (and I tested a sheet myself, if you know what I mean ;-)). Are they supposed to feel that way? My Gerber E-Z liners feel much softer, albeit they are not flushable.

Also, I bought a yard of fleece in a teal color to make my own liners and I am wondering if I should just use the fleece intead. Also, this might be like a silly question but, for those who made their own fleece liners, did you wash the fleece before cutting them into rectangles or did you cut them first and then washed them prior to using them. What washing procedures did you follow. TIA

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03

KathyO
04-17-2003, 06:55 PM
They do soften up with the first pee. My daughter doesn't ever seem to have minded them... and I also run them through the washer with the diapers if they've only been peed on, and the post-washer ones are VERY soft.

HTH,

KathyO

Kate888
04-17-2003, 06:57 PM
I found my rice paper liners rough, too, and everytime I used them, DD got a rash :( So I only use microfleece liners now. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I just wash the fleece first before cutting them into hour-glass shape (traced with my Joey Bunz). No special washing procedures needed. You can wash fleece with your laundry or with your diapers. I love microfleece, it's so soft!

HTH,

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

egoldber
04-17-2003, 07:38 PM
I used fleece fabric I already had, so it had already been washed. I would certainly wash it before using it. But fleece doesn't shrink, so there is no need to wash it to pre-shrink it.