PDA

View Full Version : need help with AIOs

gravymommy3
04-18-2003, 01:31 PM
OK, please bear with me cause I appear to be a dummy!!

I ordered an AIO pocket style and I am a little disappointed. All it consists of is the outer shell and the lining that forms the pocket. Am I a total idiot here? I thought that it would come with some "guts" to absorb something. I know that you can buy inserts but for 12 or 13 dollars, I expected it to come with something in it. As it is, it is basically just a cover. Am I just way out in left field or what?

TIA

candybomiller
04-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Amy,

Which diaper is it?

Candy
Mommy to Matt, 5/22/02

blnony
04-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately most pocket dipes come without an insert...fuzzi bunz etc. do need an insert. You can use anything from a CPF to a Joey Bunz insert. There are some out there that do come with the insert, but its just really a hit or miss thing...its more common to find a WAHM style with the insert.
That said, a pocket is like a cover with trimness. The pocket is there to insert the soaker which makes a more trim diaper, (Than an AIO with even a lay in soaker IMHO) depending on what you insert into it. Like a Fuzzi Bunz with a joey bunz hemp insert is about the trimmest diaper around, and for this they make you pay $$. But a joey bunz should run about $5-$6 per insert, and a CPF $2. I guess I'm trying to say, in all it comes out close to fitted and covers cost wise, but its a little more because of the trimness involved.

I hope I helped, but I made have made it even more confusing, sorry!

gravymommy3
04-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Candy,

I really don't want to say here, cause I don't want to slam someone unintentionally, KWIM? Email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to tell you. :)

sparkeze
04-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Don't worry about that! I've never heard of a pocket diaper coming with it's own insert! They're all like that!