PDA

View Full Version : What diaper bag do you like for your CDs?

csa12
04-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone-

I know this was asked a while ago but thought I would ask it again ( I 'm lazy!)

But what bag do you like for general trips to the mall/errand running?

What bag do you like for weekend trips?

I am thinking about the One Step Ahead messenger bag b/c of the compartments. Anyone have any success with the bag?

Appreciate any info you can share,
Cheryl :)

candybomiller
04-18-2003, 04:16 PM
I LOVE my petunia picklebottom diaper bag for cloth diapers. If you're looking for a lot of compartments, it's not the bag for you, but there is soooo much room in this bag without it being bulky. I have the backpack. I wanted the toddler tote, but the store I was at didn't have it. Guess I'll get it next!

Candy
Mommy to Matt, 5/22/02

RiaHannam
04-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Hi Cheryl,
I have no experience with that particular bag but I have used the Lands' End *Do It All* in the past (never tried their backpack style) and it was great. This time around I still have my Kelty backpack diaper bag that I love. I can use it as a backpack or use the shoulder strap and carry it that way. Lots of room and sturdy. I use that daily and for longer days (always like to be ready for anything!) For weekend trips I'd probably pack another large bag and just restock my Kelty as needed.

Maria

EDD 5/9 w/#4

egoldber
04-18-2003, 06:59 PM
My everyday diaper bag is now the Eddie Bauer Diaper backpack. I like it because it holds a lot without being bulky and alos has lot sof compartments to keep things separated. I prefer a backpack now that Sarah is mobile, so I can have two hands free. I have seen the OSA bag in real life, and while it is a very nice bag, it is really big and bulky.

I am also very fond of the Combi diaper bags, espeically the Traditional bag and the Urban Sling.

Now I will tell you my dirty little secret about cloth diapers and diaper bags. Just between you and me. ;) I only carry two extra diapers in my diaper bag these days, one extra cloth diaper and 1 disposable. I have never had to use the disposable, but it keep the bag much more tirm. :)

HTH,

sparkeze
04-18-2003, 11:55 PM
I can tell you what bag doesn't work well with more than 1-2 cloth diapers...Combi Urban Sling.

I have a Kenneth Cole reaction backpack that I use when I'll be out for longer periods of time but if I'm running quick errands I stick a diaper, wipes, changing pad and a dirty diaper tote bag in a big purse (or small tote bag type purse). If I'm out for 1-2 hours I rarely change DS anyways unless he were to poop but he doesn't do that when we're out and about usually. If I'm out all day or at playgroup where I would need toys, snacks, etc, then I bring the backpack.

Maybe I'm just a light packer (although I'm really not!) but I just don't see the need for all those tiny compartments in diaper bags. Are you REALLY going to need tylenol, diaper rash cream, etc if you're going to the grocery store? I used to pack everything I might possible find a need for but after months of hardly even changing a diaper while running errands I've even skipped the diaper and just grabbed my own purse on my way out on occasion. All I need is my wallet, keys, and a sling/carrier if I'm running an errand or two!

Is it just me?