PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have 1 diaper - What is it?

blnony
04-18-2003, 05:53 PM
I am beginning to feel overwhelmed myself with all the diaper choices out there. Everytime I think I've found the perfect diaper - something happens, I change my mind, I decide its too bulky, it leaves marks, it leaks, etc.
So, if you could only have 1 diaper what would you choose? I am very torn, I would either choose a Fuzzy Bunz or Heavenly Heiny, I think. But...I've been favoring fitteds and covers (esp. wool) lately.... well, its a dilemma...:)

Melanie
04-18-2003, 06:40 PM
I am so inept at pocket diapering. Poor Ds has had 3 nighttime leaks with them. He never had any before! I'm getting better, but Dh has been scared off and won't use any pocket diapers!

1 diaper ONLY? Maybe Sugar Peas, but I'd have to be allowed a doubler for trips or nights. Also Liz's Cloth with the same caveat.

edited: Changed my mind, if I can only pick one, then I pick a Custom Cuddlebuns (for a higher rise) with microfleece inside.

Mommy to Jonah

Momof3Labs
04-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Crickett's hemp - but the old ones, not the new ones. The new ones are bulkier, especially the snap-in doubler, and I'm just not as crazy about them yet (unfortunately I bought a dozen, not knowing they were changing...). Maybe after a few more washes, they've only been through the machine a couple of times now. Or maybe I just need to figure out a different secret about them.

That said, I'm starting to like Fuzzi Bunz more and more - they are serving us very well at night, stuffed with two Joeybunz and one Mom & Me Creations hemp soaker. The diaper weighs a ton in the morning but Colin is still pretty dry.

blnony
04-18-2003, 06:50 PM
How do you like the Liz's Cloth? I've thought about getting one to try. Is it just like a Crickett's? Different? Oh..please let me know. I also am craving a Sugar Peas, but thats just because it seems everyone has one ;)

egoldber
04-18-2003, 06:53 PM
If I were limited to one diaper, it would probably be a CPF. Sorry! :)

Melanie
04-18-2003, 06:57 PM
I didn't like Crickett's because the rise was too low. Liz's cloth is side-snapping and has a higher rise. I can't really compare absorbancy though...b/c I don't remember.

blnony
04-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Don't be sorry...it's still a diaper!:)

nathansmom
04-18-2003, 08:10 PM
I like my Liz'z cloth. I haven't has one leak with them and they fit Nathan really good.

egoldber
04-18-2003, 09:28 PM
I just meant sorry that it wasn't more exciting! But I feel like they are the most versatile things out there!

lisams
04-18-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm boring - Bumkins AIO

They really fit my DD well, haven't leaked once, and are just so darn easy!!

Lisa

Karenn
04-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Yesterday I would have said a ME Sandy's. Today, I'm really excited about my Kissaluv's Contours. BUT, I just got my Crickett's and Liz' Cloth in the mail, so tomorrow may be a whole other story! :)

sparkeze
04-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Hmm...how can I pick just one??

I guess I would have to go with Mom&Me Creations fitteds. I love that it's lined in microfleece, it's very absorbant, not bulky (although not trim either). I use it for day and night (with a doubler). It dries fast and fits well too.

But SOS and Sugarpeas come in next. SOS is not as abosorbant as Mom&Me but trimmer. Sugarpeas are bulkier since we're still folding the front down, but if DS was bigger and we didn't need to fold it down then that would probably be my favorite.

I actually prefer a side snapping fit on DS was front snapping is just trimmer and now that DS is running around I've been noticing the bulkiness more.

emilyf
04-19-2003, 08:46 AM
Well, if I had to pick one I'd say Fuzzi Bunz, totally reliable and pretty much foolproof. But, I love experimenting with others too-that's what makes this fun. Silly, I know.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

Calmegja
04-19-2003, 10:10 AM
A Fuzzibunz with a Joeybunz. Always reliable, leakproof for my baby's build, and a snap (no pun intended) to use and launder.

But a close second would be a CPF with a snappi and Bummis cover....

But perish the thought of only one kind of dipe! ;-)