PDA

View Full Version : Favorite CDs for boys?

SASM
04-19-2003, 10:44 PM
What makes the diaper your "favorite"? How long have you been using them? How old is your little man? How is your little person shaped ~ skinny or like a mini "Michelin" man, etc.? Any additional info would be much appreciated!!

Thank you so much! :-)

Momof3Labs
04-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Sharyn,

My favorite are the older Crickett's hemp. They have a snap-in doubler that snaps in front (instead of in back) so I could fold it over and give Colin a double layer of protection where boys need it most. Some diapers have doublers that attach in back - useless for little boys, IMO! I have one of the older Crickett's hemp and have used it off and on for a month or so. Just ordered a dozen of them, and ended up with the new ones - the jury is still out on them. They need to get washed a few more times before I make up my mind!

Colin will be 7 months next week (yikes!!) and was 15lbs, 28.25" at 6 months - very long and skinny, with skinny thighs and a skinny waist.

sparkeze
04-21-2003, 12:05 PM
My DS is 12 mo, 21 lbs, 30 inches. He's pretty skinny but has chubby thighs. I have a hard time deciding what my favorite is though!

What features are you looking for in a diaper?

blnony
04-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I have a "mini michelin man" baby. I thought AIO's or pockets would be my favorite, but now I really like fitted and covers.
My favorite fitted right now (because it changes) are the Sweet Pea's from Peanutbutterkisses.com. I like her fleece ones. They fit DD wonderfully and I'm in a flannel phase right now. I guess I have the old Crickett's which I still really like a lot too. but I'm out of my hemp phase for this moon cycle.:)
My favorite cover is my Bumpy wool. I am totally in love with wool right now. Its never damp, no wicking, it has gussets in the legs and DD's bum looks so good after wearing wool overnight, I want to get some others for daytime.
My favorite AIO's are heavenly heinys. They are so soft and cute, and the fit is wonderful. They don't have prints, but the outer is PUL and I have less wicking when there isn't a cotton outlayer over the PUL like with my Luke's Drawers. Bumkins AIO's were the least favorite. They just never fit DD very well. I also favor side snaps over Aplix or front snaps. The laundry is easier and they seem to fit better.

I didn't mean for this to get so long, sorry.

Edited to Add: I am crazy -- I didn't read the name of your post about boys...sorry...I'v been up since 4 am and I guess its showing! Sorry.

Melanie
04-21-2003, 05:07 PM
My son is pretty average. He doesn't have much chub left now that he's walking. 17 mo, ~24 lbs., ~31 inch tall.

Fitteds:
I like Toadies for their high rise & absorbancy. They're not not the trimmest we have but I wouldn't call them bulky either.

I like Cuddlebuns for their trimmness and absorbancy. The rise is low, so I get a custom one that is higher. Howeer I still use the regular that I already have and they work well, too.

I like Sugar Peas b/c they are high-rise on Ds & very trim. The print ones fit Ds better than the all-hemp b/c they all-hemp is stretchier and he's on the small side for the size already. They aren't the most absorbant, but honestly my son wets straight through anything but a Cuddlebun in one pee anyhow.

Mommy to Jonah

Momof3Labs
04-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Melanie,

I've been meaning to ask you - where do you get your Cuddlebuns? I have one and kinda like it, except it is so bulky on Colin! It isn't a bikini cut - should I try a bikini cut? I'd love to try a trimmer version of this diaper!

Thanks!!

Melanie
04-22-2003, 03:05 AM
I only have the bikini cut ones, so I can't compare if they are trimmer in the tush, but they look slimmer in the crotch in the photos. I honestly can't imagine why they'd make a bulkier version when they can offer the slimmer? What is the purpose. Anyway...

I have purchased bikini cut regular from [link:www.righteousbaby.com|Righteous Baby] and I have a bikini XL en route from her. I bought a Bikini XL from [link:www.storkcrossing.com|Stork Crossing] and I love it but she only uses metal snaps and I'm thinking Ds might have a nickel allergy. I also bought a Custom-sized Bikini from [link:www.tushietoppers.com|Tushie Toppers] which I like, too. Every one of them was great with emails, sending or putting up fabric samples and answering my ton of questions before ordering. All of the diapers are top-quality. I would recommend any of them. Plus, I think Cuddlebuns must do the price-freezing thing b/c they all seem to charge the same. You might be able to get better prices in auction at ebay or [link:www.wahmall.com|wahmall], but I've never seen a bikini one up for auction.

HTH