PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite AIO?

marit
04-21-2003, 03:08 AM
My husband agreed to try cloth IF AND ONLY IF we use AIO's exclusively. Anything else sounds much too complicated.

So far I have a FB (which looks great) a Bumkins (which looks so stiff) and in the mail are a Heavenly Heins and Happy Heiny's.

(BTW, I got the first delivery 2 weeks ago but haven't got the courage to start :(

Marit

zen_bliss
04-21-2003, 03:54 AM
i thought, pah, i'll pay a few more bucks for AIOs. I quickly discovered why people don't like them -- the few kushies AIOs i bought take FOREVER to dry. it smells like the cover is going to melt before the inside even gets damp and i worry about mold growing in there. ugh.

however, on presenting my diaper supplies "tour" (hemp newborn prefolds, MotherEase One Size, FBs, a few Plushies contours, and the kushies), my husband took one look at the FuzziBunz and immediately declared that we should ONLY use them. i like that you can adjust the stuffing to your needs. and they do dry quickly.

this might give you some idea of what might appeal to the DH! keep in mind we have no practical diapering experience yet :)

egoldber
04-21-2003, 08:24 AM
I guess my fav AIOs are FuzziBunz, Motherease, and Bumkins, in that order. But none are my fav diaper.

I like that you can customize the FuzziBunz to your desired absorbancy. What have you bought to stuff your FBs with? I do find the fit with FBs to be a bit tricky. There was a period of time when medium was too small, large was too big and Petite toddler sort of worked. Now she can wear larges, but it was an awkward couple of months.

The Motherease AIOs are not as cute as other ones, but they are very reliable. They are a bit poofy, so not as trim as a FB.

I love the Bumkins prints and they worked great for us for awhile, but now she pees right through them very quickly and I really can't use them when we leave the house anymore.

I have also tried Kushies AIOs (not worth the money) and Lukes Drawers (very bulky).

And here's some more food for thought. My DH has NEVER changed a cloth diaper. He finds the idea too disgusting to merit consideration. But he has always had a hard time changing diapers anyway and makes a HUGE fuss if he has to change a poop diaper. When we are both home, I do the changing. If he has her, he uses disposables. And he travels a lot, so half of any given month he is on the road anyway. I calculated that on average my DH was only changing an at most one diaper a day anyway, so I decided to go ahead and do it even if he wasn't "on board". :)

Edited to correct embarrasingly large number of spelling and grammar errors. :)

HTH,

sparkeze
04-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Sounds familiar!

My DH will only use AIOs. He changes diapers very frequently (4/day) and he can use fitteds with covers now but he doesn't like to. His favorite is Luke's Drawers Cotton Kisses AIO from naturalbabies.com. Ever since we got them he's loved them and he still does. Sometimes when I receive a package of new diapers he asks if any of them are his favorite one! He pretty much likes any AIO though. It would proabbly help your DH if you have several of one kind for him to use so he doesn't have to figure out how different things work. Sometimes DH gets confused with which snap setting to close it on, whether something needs a cover or not, etc. But I use fitteds with covers, so I have mostly fitteds but about a dozen AIOs for DH.

BTW, I have to pre-stuff any pocket diapers for DH to use. Otherwise he either: will put in something strange (wipes?), or not put anything in at all! Yikes.