PDA

View Full Version : CD advice/dillema

smkinc
04-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm still new to CDing and am in a bit of a dillema.

I wanted to make my CD experience simple, by going with just one 'system', so I purchased a dozen medium FB reverse prints off ebay and some joey bunz. I love the FB, for simplicity and the stay dry feature, however my son is a very big baby and the FB leave really red marks on his thighs, so now I'm trying to figure out what to move to.

He is only 2.5 months old and already weighs about 15 pounds. He is very long in the torso and we're moving to our 6-9 month clothing this week. I really want a trim fit, because without one, none of his clothes will fit!!

Any suggestions on what I should try next? What would be the best board to go to if I wanted to trade my FB's for something else? Or do you think I should just try to resell them on ebay?

Thanks for all of your help!

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah (2/4/03)

C99
04-21-2003, 11:10 AM
For trades, I would recommend the diapering board at the Mothering.com discussion boards, or the Amitymama.com discussion boards. If you do the latter, put a link to it in the general discussion section b/c the day-to-day traffic on Amitymama's diaper board isn't very high. hth

egoldber
04-21-2003, 12:13 PM
As far as trying more pocket diapers, you could try something like Happy Heinys. A lot of people are very pleased with them.

I went through a period of time where mediums were too small for my DD and larges were too big. I used a petite toddler size and that worked well for us in the interim.

Another thing to think about is that babies get leaner as they grow and become mobile. Those mediums may fit in a few months.

Good luck!

smkinc
04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks for your help. I ended up listing them on diaperpin's for sale or trade board and they sold for my asking price in less than 24 hours. Much easier and less expensive than ebay. Now I'm looking at what to try next. I'm actually finding CPF's with a fleece liner and an aristocrats isn't working too bad for at home. I think I'll look for some thinner wool covers now.

Mary

Mommy to Jeremiah (2/4/03)