PDA

View Full Version : Mamahill: I'm ready to give my review on Crickett's hemp!

Momof3Labs
04-21-2003, 11:08 AM
And I have to say that I am disappointed in the new Crickett's hemp diapers. (FYI - they just started using new manufacturers - the first Crickett's hemp that I tried was using the older producers.)

The diaper itself is about the same. I have more problems with the leg ruffle turning inside the diaper than with the original, but not too big a deal. But the doubler is MUCH different. With the original, I loved the fact that it snapped in front and I could fold the doubler to give Colin double protection where boys need it most. And it was nice and trim and layed flat. The new doublers are much thicker and are getting all curly on the ends, and they are way too thick to fold over.

I have e-mailed the person who sold these to me to see if she has gotten other complaints (or has any suggestions for me); then I plan to e-mail Crickett and let her know that she has some quality issues with these new dipes. I'm not asking for a refund, because they are still usable, but if one is offered, I will likely take it. But what I'd really like are new doublers made in the old style!

So I would highly suggest holding off on buying any of these until they have the bugs worked out of their new manufacturing facilities. And Neve, I'm wondering what you think of these dipes - if you aren't thrilled, I'm really really sorry for recommending them!!

mama2be
04-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Well keep in mind unlike you (and most) I have NOTHING to compare it too, which might be a good thing :)...

I have noticed some red indentions around his legs from them but assume that is the norm so would never have mentioned it. And I have noticed the leg ruffles going in but assumed that was the norm so I take my finger and just fix it but running it around the ruffle. Now the doubler I did question in my head at the beginning. I too have noticed that it does not lay flat and I also noticed (and this is my largest gripe) that the "layers" in it are not flat. It's hard to explain but if you did lay it flat and you ran your hand over it I feel some puckering of some of the fabric (layers) in the doubler. I doubt that Tristan feels it due to the fleece I put in there, but must say I wouldn't want that uneven feel under my tooshie.

Lori I do fold it...it looks thick but I do it...could it be squeezing him too much do you think. I jsut assumed that was OK...

However they seem so soft to me and that thrills me...I am happy with them and please don't apologize I read enough reviews where I would have bought them anyway. In all honesty FB and these are the two I considered for exclusive use BUT the FB does not have the same size range and that sold me.

It might be in Crickett's best interest to let her know ASAP, if I had somehting to compare it too I'd give her feed back too...

candybomiller
04-21-2003, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't buy these diapers again. I didn't like the way it fit ds's body at all. The diaper hung down past his knee and the doubler didn't fit into the diaper right. The edges rolled in. All in all, I was incredibly disappointed with this diaper.

If anyone would like to try the large crickett's, let me know. I'll sell or trade. [email protected]

Candy
Mommy to Matthew Nicholas
5/22/02

Momof3Labs
04-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Yes, our doublers are lumpy, too. I probably could still fold the doubler, but it is so much thicker than her old one, I don't get the trim fit that I can with the old one.

I sent Crickett an e-mail about this - we'll see what she says! I'd be thrilled if she replaced the doublers, but maybe that's expecting too much!

Kate888
04-21-2003, 02:22 PM
The leg ruffles rolled in on my DD, too. I thought I was the only one having this problem :( I bought 4 and had to return the 3 unused ones back to Julie's Stuff. When I called and asked her if she had ever heard of this problem, she said no. So I just assumed that the fit is not right for my DD. Anyway, I still use the one I have. It's very absorbant, though.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Momof3Labs
04-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Kate - when did you buy yours? I'm just curious if they were from the "new" or the "old" batch?

I heard back from Crickett and e-mailed her some pics - I'll let you know what she thinks it is!

Karenn
04-21-2003, 03:29 PM
I know that I have the "new Crickett's" and I have to say I've noticed the same things: leg ruffle turning in, curly, bunchy doubler. I'm not sure how much it will bother me yet though, since I've only used them once, without the doubler. They do fit Colin beautifully though- so trim!

Kate888
04-21-2003, 04:01 PM
I have no idea whether it's new or old. What's the difference? Do yo have pictures? I baught it about 5-6 weeks ago. I also read some comments about leg ruffles turing in on Mothering.com recently (but they didn't mention if it's old or new style).

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Momof3Labs
04-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Hmmm... it is probably old - the new came out at the beginning of April. The old have rainbow thread with more of a gold in them, the new have rainbow thread with a lemon yellow, if that helps! Oh, and the new rainbow thread is red-blue-yellow-green, the old is red-yell/ow/gold-green-blue.

mamahill
04-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the review! I'm going to hold off then. I still have a list of diapers I'm considering trying, and must say that most of them are hemp (I just love my JBs). Thanks for posting the review - I'm sure you've saved me money and heartache! Hope you get a refund or something to compensate you. That's weird that they would change from a system that seemed to be working. Did you say they went to mass-production? I guess you sacrifice quality for quantity...

mama2be
04-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks to Lori :)...who approached Crickett via email about the doublers on her "new" diapers Crickett is wanting to hear from those having problems with them.

My main problem was the curling on the doubler, and possibly that it does not seem have have the layers laying flat in it. Crickett's response was very quick. And she pleaded that if anyone has any problems that to please email her directly that she is going to rectify the problem.

She thanked us for "working with her" as she recifies this problem and I remind myself that she has EXCELLENT ratings on diaperpin on a scale of 1-5 she has a 5 by 14 out of 14 people who reviewed her.

Here is her email
[email protected]

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Yes, Crickett has been very nice about this and is very eager to figure out what is going on. She had me cut open a doubler yesterday and describe it to her, and I just mailed it to her today. Plus, I sent her some photos with my "old" Crickett's hemp next to the "new" one.

With all the work that she is putting into this, I know that her diapers will end up being better than ever!!