PDA

View Full Version : You gotta' love him- He tries...

blnony
04-21-2003, 11:28 AM
I have to post this story. My DH would kill me if he knew, but its just too funny to keep to myself.
He tries. He really does. About six weeks ago we were taking Audrey to have pictures made. I was busy getting ready so DH dressed the baby. We get to the studio, we take a family picture, then its time for just Audrey's pics. I look at her and realize something looks weird. Her clothes are on backwards!:) I start laughing and undress her and put her clothes on right. They had buttons on the back, and DH says, "all my clothes button in the front, I didn't know why her's would be different." Many times since then, I've noticed on weekends she'll have her clothes on backwards, all buttoning in the back. I keep reminding DH, just look for the tag, the tag always goes on the back.
Last night, DH decides to dress Audrey after her bath and before bed. I wasn't in the room, but had laid out a fitted and her wool cover. I come upstairs and look at my child, she looked so weird. He had even put her sleeper on and everything. I asked DH, did you get the diaper on okay, b/c he never asked for help. "I think so.." How about I check, just to be sure. I take the sleeper off, and hold the baby up and off slides the diaper, cover, everything... nothing left but a bare baby bum. I had to laugh. The diaper and cover both have tags on the front, so heading my advice, it went in the back, so the entire thing was backwards!! (I still don't know how he got in one her...she is a wiggle worm...)
In a huff, my DH says, "fine, you say tag on the back, but what the.... I give up." I told him I was so proud he A) listened to me and B) tried to cloth diaper all by himself.... What a champ!:)

gravymommy3
04-21-2003, 11:36 AM
OMG, he's a keeper!!

parkersmama
04-21-2003, 12:28 PM
That's hilarious!! Although we haven't started to CD yet, I can envision this as a problem at our house too. My dh generally gets the clothes on right but did often have a problem with the ones that snapped up the back. He is dreading having to figure out how to dress a little girl! LOL!

emilyf
04-21-2003, 01:15 PM
That's a great story-soon after we got home from the hospital I was downstairs with my mom and we sent dh up to change a diaper. We were dying of laughter listening to his running commentary to Charlie over the monitor-it turned out he didn't see the crotch snaps and managed to take the entire outfit off through the neck hole.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

mama2be
04-21-2003, 01:17 PM
...adorable...great daddy and hubby!!!

newbelly2002
04-21-2003, 03:09 PM
What a great story! You gotta love'em.

We had a similar experience a few months ago. A friend of ours (male) volunteered to take care of Dante so DH and I could go out to dinner. I gave him the rundown on milk, diapering before bed, etc. I laid out the pajamas and asked if he wanted me to change DS before we left. He said not to bother, he'd handle it. When we got back from dinner, I peeked in to see Dante in his sleeper (tag in back!) and sleep sack content as can be.

Imagine my surprise the next morning when I went to change Dante's diaper. I unzipped the sleep sack, unsnapped the sleeper to find: another entire set of clothes! Our friend had carefully put the sleeper on OVER the clothes (after changing the diaper, he later told me.)!

I guess I never specifically said to take the clothes off first...

Paula,Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33a3c3de467

Melanie
04-21-2003, 05:08 PM
LOL! Funny men!

Dh usually puts the diapers which have the tag on the outside, on inside-out.