PDA

View Full Version : Help - can't find a diaper pail

gravymommy3
04-21-2003, 04:39 PM
I have been to both Target and Wal-Mart and can't find a diaper pail. I have been looking in the aisle where the garbage cans are (I may be looking in the wrong aisle) and all they have are the cans with lids that swing or pop up (but when I hold the lid up I can see light around the part that pops up so it can't be airtight!) What the heck does everyone use? Name brands (as specific as you can be) would be helpful. I have been Cding since Friday without a pail!

TIA

Melanie
04-21-2003, 04:57 PM
I use the pop-up lid one from Target that Beth put in her mes. a while ago...sorry I don't know the name, etc. I don't think it's air tight, but we don't have any odors escaping. Probably b/c you change it so much more often than you would a disposable diaper pail.

mamahill
04-21-2003, 05:05 PM
I use this one, from Sterilite (though thought it was Rubbermaid, and have spend the last 15 minutes looking for it under that name. LOL!). I bought it at Target...

http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Household&ProductCategory=55#

I have 1077 in white. It holds about 3 days worth of diapers (4 if I really smash them in there). HTH!

edited to add: It's the one Beth has. It is not airtight, but I haven't had a problem with smells yet (and we are DEFINITELY into the stinky poop!).

blnony
04-21-2003, 05:10 PM
I have the same one. Its not air tight, but I put a citrus scented pop-up from target on the lid, and I haven't had any odors at all. I used to use baking soda, but that was becoming a hassle.

Edited to add: I use liners sometimes flushable rice paper and sometimes just flannel or fleece, and I just put the poop in the toliet, so not much poop is actually in the diaper pail.

egoldber
04-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Yes, that is the one I use. Once you add a liner, I think it is airtight. I have no trouble with smells at all. And I do not use any type of deoderizer.

Just as an FYI, it is probably not large dog or toddler proof. So far I haven't had any trouble with Sarah getting into it, but she isn't the terribly mischevious type (and I REALLY hope I didn't just jinx myself!).

HTH,

candybomiller
04-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Yip, same one we use here. It's definitely NOT childproof, as Matt can pop the lid. He's only done it once and didn't seem to have any interest in the contents, thank goodness. All in all, I like this for a diaper pail and am going to get another one to keep in the bathroom just for poopy diapers.

Candy
Mommy to Matthew Nicholas
5/22/02

C99
04-22-2003, 09:54 AM
I use a Home-brand chrome 5 gallon step-can garbage can from Target. It was a bit more expensive than the Sterilite one everyone seems to use, but I like that I can just pull out the plastic liner bin and take that downstairs. Plus, the ability to open the lid when my hands are already full of dirty diaper and baby is really nice.

gravymommy3
04-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I was beginning to think that I was losing my mind. Now I get to go back to Target or WallyWorld and get the pail.