PDA

View Full Version : If you do the CPF thing, how do you do it?

Calmegja
04-21-2003, 07:06 PM
I'm experimenting with CPFs and covers....I'm interested in the different folds. I was trifolding for awhile, but if there's poop, it's on the cover, so that's a buzzkill....

I think I've got a newspaper fold down, but I'm curious what folds, methods people are using.....

I tried a bikini twist, but with my little boy, we get a lot of show and tell with that, no matter where I put the twist..... ;-)

Okay, so spill...whatcha doing? ;-0

egoldber
04-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Usually, I do a combination newspaper/angel wing fold. LOL!!! :)

I start out like a newspaper fold (diaper flat and unfolded). Then I fold the front like the angel wing, that is bringing the two sides to the middle and folding down the front.

See the very first picture here for how I start: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kfegelman/pf_folds.html

I finish by using the rest of the angel wing as seen here: http://www.dy-dee.com/html/basic_angel_wing.html

If she happens to be wearing a tight outfit (like a Tshirt and leggings), I use the bikini fold because it gives a more trim fit. But I don't have that boy placement problem. :) I also use the bikini fold when I use the regular size prefolds (as opposed to premium) since she is technically too big for regulars. Only by using the bikini twist can I get enough wings on the diaper in front and back to snappi. The regulars are fine in terms of absorbancy, just not quite wide enough.

I am LOVING my hemp prefolds for nighttime, pins and all. Not necessarily a lot trimmer, but I love only having ONE diaper, no doublers and no stuffing. Am I lazy or what? :)

mamahill
04-21-2003, 09:32 PM
I just do the trifold. It has only been in the last few days that the poops seem to be getting on the covers, so I'm thinking of doing the newspaper fold when I think she's going to blow. Otherwise, I'm all about the trifold!

egoldber
04-21-2003, 09:35 PM
LOL! I tried the trifold again, but I just CANNOT get the daggone thing to stay up! It always scrunches down in front. I don't get leaks, but it just doesn't seem comfy. Plus, it takes me twice as long to get the trifolded prefold positioned how I like it vs using the snappi!

Karenn
04-22-2003, 12:47 AM
I've been trying these different folds, and they're all ending up really bulky between the legs! Colin looks like he's been riding a horse when he tries to walk along the furniture! I don't know if they leak or not because I never have the heart to leave them on him for more than a few minutes! Am I doing something wrong, or is this just another case of every diaper fits every baby differently? I really like the potential easiness of prefolds, (and the inexpensiveness!) I just wish I could get them to work! Any tips?

egoldber
04-22-2003, 06:37 AM
What size prefold are you using? If you are using a premium, try using a "regular" size. Also, make sure you are folding the two sides in enough.

HTH,

natividad
04-22-2003, 09:17 AM
I have not been very "experimental" LOL. I pretty much use the Angel fold with a snappi. We are using infant 4x8x4 CPFs. I am REALLY loving my PFs!!!

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03

gravymommy3
04-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Well, since I have only been doing this since Friday, I must be an expert, right? :) The only fold that I have found that I both like and we don't have leaks on is the bikini twist. But I don't have the boy bits problem. The CPF so far has been the only thing that has contained her all night.

lisams
04-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Beth, thanks for sharing those sites! I went to the second one and saw a link to other folds and tried the bikini twist and I LOVE it!! My DD has chunky thighs, and isn't a "super soaker" so it worked perfect. It is very trim amd seems easier to snappi on with a squirmy little one!! I feel like I've discovered a whole new diaper!!

Lisa

Karenn
04-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks Beth! I was using a premium. The only other size I had on hand was an "infant" so I tried it, and it worked MUCH better! I'll have to order a regular and try that too.