PDA

View Full Version : Sparkeze (and other moms), what is a mini-shower? And who has used Samuels soakers?

kathsmom
04-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Hi, everyone! Sparkeze mentioned a mini-shower in one of her posts and I am wondering what this is, where do you find it, and how much does it cost?

I was up until 2:00 this morning researching cloth diapers. I came across one of Beth's recommendations for a lady's webpage (Karen Fegelman's - is that right?). She posted that she used Samuel's soakers and had a link to mom-and-me-creations. Has anyone tried these or any of her prefolds or fitteds? I know that Lori posted that she used the hemp doublers from here and was pleased. I tried doing a search for this stuff at diaperpin.com and there was no info. There wasn't any info on the CD report card website either.

Well, I have decided that I like the Bumkins AIO in medium. I may get more of these. I do not like the Kissaluvs contour at this time. I like the Bummis SIWW. I am going to try my prefolds today. Should I start with the regular or the premium? I am interested in hemp products after reading some reviews and websites.

Thanks again for all the help everyone! I am so sorry that I am so confused and have to ask all of you for help so often. DH told me last night that I need to stop researching everything to death and either buy a set of CD's or just stop and continue to use disposables. I have to admit, with all the choices, sizes, e-tailers, it can get overwhelming, and I am not known for my decisiveness!!!LOL! I *am* about ready to throw in the cloth diaper and call this whole thing off.

Thanks again!

Toni - the crazy mom who is functioning on little sleep because I am obsessed with finding the right diaper for DS!

egoldber
04-22-2003, 11:50 AM
I would start with the regulars. The premiums will probably fit, but he will likely swim in them. They just now don't seem to overwhelm my 20 month old.

I love the hemp prefolds, but in general, they are too bulky for daytime use and the extra absorbancy isn't really necessary during the day. Why don't you just order a few more of the ones you like so far? You can always change your mind and re-sell any you don't like later. Have enough for about 2 days of diapers (18-24) and you'll be all set!

HTH,

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
I have an order in for a Mom & Me Creations fitted but probably won't get it for another week or so. Also ordering a Samuel's Soaker - I've heard great things about these!

I'll be happy to post a review after I've had a chance to try it out!

kathsmom
04-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Beth,

Thanks for the reply! I have him in the regular CPF with a Bummis SIWW right now. I am so crazy. I just noticed that there is a pocket/flap on this wrap to put the diaper under. Very nice IMHO! After successfully getting this setup on him (although he looks huge, but cute, from the waist down! I had to laugh), I think I can do this. I am going to order some more regular CPFs and Bummis SIWWs, as well as a couple of more Bumkins AIOs. Thanks for the info on the hemp stuff. I do want to order FB and JB for night, and I am considering fitted diapers for a trimmer daytime look. Any suggestions on good fitteds?

Thank you for all your help! Like I said before, I am not known for my decisiveness, and I just don't want to make a costly mistake!

Toni - a soon-to-be CDing mom (if things continue to go OK!!LOL)

kathsmom
04-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Lori,

Yes, I would love to have a review of this stuff from you when you get it and try it out! I was especially interested in the soakers for night, if I don' use/like Fuzzibunz.

Thanks!

Toni

sparkeze
04-22-2003, 12:53 PM
I love my mini-shower! It's like a bidet, it takes water from your toilet water supply and you can use it to spray off poop. I don't think I'd use it as a bidet since the water is really cold but our shower is close enough to the toilet that I use it to rinse off DS's booster seat in the tub, rinse off the walls after cleaning, etc. It's more handy than I thought! It's about $30, I think I paid $34 after shipping. I know Katie's Kisses sells them, but I bought mine directly from the manufacturer. I'm not sure about the website though...I'll have to see if I can find it. I haven't touched poop since I got it :)

I have many Samuel's fitteds. 8 or 9 probably? They're our old standby, we use them at night too with a doubler. I really like them a lot! Soft, stretchy, absorbant, and ours are lined with microfleece. For the absorbancy, they're pretty trim. I think a bunch of ours are in the photos on her website! :) I've never tried the prefold or soaker though, although I've heard a lot of good things about them.

HTH!

MelissaTC
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
www.minishower.com - manufactured by Cool Craft. He sells them on ebay with under the name coolcraft. I paid $34.95...

kathsmom
04-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Sparkeze and Melissa,

Thank you for posting the info on the mini-shower. It sounds very interesting and I am going to check it out. Thanks for the info on the Samuel's fitteds from Sparkeze. Lori, I look forward to hearing what you think of these products as well. Beth, thanks so much for your advice on what and how much to order. I may get this all worked out soon!

I appreciate all your support!

Toni

gravymommy3
04-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Is the mini-shower truly easy to install. I can just see DH trying to do it and us ending up with waterfront property.

TIA!