PDA

View Full Version : Gerber E-Z Liners Discontinued!?

MartiesMom2B
04-22-2003, 05:05 PM
I've been searching for disposable liners in my grocery stores, Target, pharmacies to find that no one in the Raleigh area has them. Then I just did a search on google and saw that the Gerber E-Z liners are no longer being manufactured. Which brand should I choose? I saw someone was not satisfied with the Kushies brand. I want to use liners before I start. Should I just by some fleece and make my own liners? Should I get some rice liners? What do you recommend?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

natividad
04-22-2003, 05:26 PM
That's too bad because I really like these liners, even though they are not flushable. I was just at my local BRU and they still had boxes of them (I should go back to stock up :-)

Anyway, I was the person who was not crazy about the Kushies liners. They are kind of rough, IMO. I still kept them and am using them, but I might try other brands next time. Motherease makes disposeable liners, I think. Also, as an FYI, Kelly at Kelly's Closet told me that rice liners work better with more solid poop than with the more runny, BF poop. If you don't mind one more item to wash, then I would go ahead with the fleece liners. They are working for me, but I reach for the Gerbers more often. HTH.

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03

mamahill
04-22-2003, 06:24 PM
You can easily (and cheaply) make your own fleece liners, but be aware the bf poop (and I would thing formula-poop) isn't so firm it will peel off. Sorry to get in-depth, but it's true! And in any event, fleece liners are great once Martie gets older, so you'll use them later.

I use the Kushies, and I think they're fine. I throw them in the wash, if she hasn't pooped, and they are very soft coming out of the dryer. I think Beth said she liked the rice liners better.

Are there places online you can still get the EZ liners? I'd be happy to check my local stores, if you're interested in having them shipped!

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 07:08 PM
I found liners pretty useless with bf'd poops, although by the time I started CD'ing, Colin was producing larger poops every couple of days compared to the newborn smaller (well, not all of them....) poops 10 times a day. They soaked right through the disposable liners that I have (don't know what brand - they came from juliesstuff.com) and mde the liners pretty useless.

I do, however, use fleece liners (homemade) at each changing, although bf'd poops will soak right through these, too. Now that we are on solids and the poops are getting more solid, they make more sense. And they help keep him a bit drier than if his skin is right up against the diaper.

Hope this helps!

MartiesMom2B
04-23-2003, 05:08 PM
I told you ladies that I would have lots of questions! Should I even bother to line the newborn CDs? Martie is bf'd. The point of lining them is to deal with poopy stains right? My mom is making me some fleece liners (I'm useless in regards to sewing).

Thank you!

Sonia

RiaHannam
04-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Hi Sonia,

Lining the newborn CD's is fine...... the fleece has a stay dry effect so baby doesn't feel the wetness.
And you can make your own fleece liners. Just cut them. They don't need sewing as fleece does not unravel! It's totally unnecessary to serge the edges of fleece. In fact I prefer them not serged. So you are not useless - you CAN make your own fleece liners :) !

Maria

EDD 5/9 w/#4

mharling
04-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Sonia -
I was just looking for something else on this site and found your liners. I believe they sell what they get and then it's gone; if you want them, I wouldn't wait too long to order.

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/ger82924.html

Mary
Mommy to Lane 4/6/03

emilyf
04-24-2003, 08:04 AM
I never bothered to line my cds- I had tried a fleece liner that colleen sent me as a freebie and it didn't do a thing with that liquid poop. Just 2 weeks ago Charlie started solids though and things have changed (haha) anyway, the fleece liner is terrific now-truly amazing so I went and bought a yard of fleece at Joann fabrics (4.99) and cut it up. I have no sewing ability, and the edges aren't even close to straight but it is truly magical the way those poops peel right off!
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

MartiesMom2B
04-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Mary:

Thanks for the tip. I got some!

Sonia