PDA

View Full Version : what size Bumpy?

gravymommy3
04-24-2003, 05:00 PM
I want to order DD a Bumpy wool night cover. I am torn about the size to order. She is 24ish lbs, with very chunky thighs. I ordered her a med. Bummis SWW and had to send that back for a large in order to fit over the CPF and doubler. She can even use the xlarge Bumkins vented that I had ordered for DS. Should I go with a large for her (20-26 lbs) or and xlarge (24-30.5 lbs)?

Thanks (I'm tired of having to pay return postage, kwim?)

blnony
04-24-2003, 05:47 PM
I can only tell you what my experience was. I went with the large b/c Audrey is a chunky 20 lbs. and it fits her great, with room to grow. Kelly at Kelly's Closet recommend this size for Audrey. You might ask the person you are buying the cover from what their opinion is too.

sparkeze
04-24-2003, 06:02 PM
My DS is a slender 21 lbs. He also has chunky thighs :)

The large has plenty of room to grow on him and I have an xlarge that looks gigantic. I've never tried it on him but it just looked way too big. He's 12 1/2 mo and almost 30 inches. If your DD is taller you might want a higher rise than the large. And if you want it to fit over a CPF and doubler you might need the extra room.

I say go for the x-large. Even if it's on the big side for the next couple months I think you'd still be able to use it now. Better than having her grow out of a large within a few months, JMHO of course. Don't hold me accountable! :)

Kate888
04-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Maya is 21 lbs, around 29" and she is wearing the large. You may want to consider the rise of your baby, too. Maya can still wear the medium, but the rise is a little too low and can't fully cover some of her fitteds.

HTH,

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

egoldber
04-24-2003, 08:01 PM
I would go with extra large. If you want to use it at night, those night dipes are pretty bulky. My experience with my average size DD is that covers (except Motherease) seem to run small.

HTH,

nohomama
04-24-2003, 10:25 PM
I too suggest going with the XL. Granted my experience with Imse Vimse covers is a bit dated since I haven't used one for about 7 or 8 months, but I remeber feeling like Lola outgrew these covers quickly. Of course as babes get older their rate of growth slows considerably but with Hayden already weighing 24 lbs you're likely to get a lot more use out of an XL than an L.