PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share this

nathansmom
04-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Nathan and I went shopping today at Sam's Club. While we were there Nathan needed a diaper change so into the bathroom we go. The diaper was a messy one and it was one of my cloth ones. Another lady came in while I was changing and just stared at us. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I said "is there a problem". "I've never seen anyone use cloth diapers before" she said. Well 45 minutes later after showing her how the FuzziBunz worked and demonstrating my new found love of CPF we parted ways. But not before we exchanged phone numbers. Well about an hour ago she was over here at my house having me help her place an order for CD's. Maybe I'll be starting a new trend out here in Utah.

mama2be
04-24-2003, 08:15 PM
I think that is the most hilarious story!!! LOVED IT!!! At that rate you should look into being a seller of products out there!!!! :)

parkersmama
04-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Too funny! Man, you must be a GREAT salesperson! I can't believe she made the decision so quickly...it took me weeks on end!

nathansmom
04-25-2003, 06:52 PM
I use to work in retail. I have perfected the quick sale. LOL. I think she was fed up with the disposables so it wasn't too hard of a sale.

mamahill
04-25-2003, 07:16 PM
LOL way to go! I DREAM about something like that. Maybe I'll just start changing diapers here and there, just hoping someone will notice. Ugh, I swear, this pride thing is going to bite me someday. Between the dipes and my stroller, I'm a walking lightning rod!

C99
04-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Sarah,

What stroller? OK, I know I could look it up on the stroller forum, but most of that stuff goes over my head.

mamahill
04-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Haha, I don't think it is in the Stroller Forum. I have the Bertini M5 - here's a link to a pic...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2319400294&category=2989

I haven't seen ANYONE else with a stroller like this. And boy does it turn heads. It is big, but the air tires make it ride like a dream! DH thinks it's the SUV of strollers. I love people asking what kind of stroller it is...

gravymommy3
04-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Sarah,

I get the same thing every time I take my MBUD out. People stare and some even come up and ask me about it.

I changed my first CD in public and generated a few stares there but no one was brave enough to ask...

BTW, your stroller is pretty.

mamahill
04-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Oooh, the MBUD?! That is the *next* stroller I'd get. I thought I saw one at the mall a couple months ago (I spotted it from ACROSS the mall), and I left Joel with the Ainsleigh so I could go and hunt the woman down. Now keep in mind it was a Saturday and the mall was PACKED. I looked in several stores, and finally located the woman in Williams-Sonoma. It was a single, but I love those too. When I said, "What a beautiful stroller, how do you like it?" She just kind of shrugged and said, "I'm the grandma. Personally, I think it's funny looking." I was so disappointed. Pearls before swine...

gravymommy3
04-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Feel free to hunt me down if you are ever in Atlanta. I love letting people "drive" it. I looked at the Easter pics of Ainsleigh - very cute. Where, oh where, did you get that white blanket. I desperately need one like that.

thanks

mamahill
04-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Oooh, I'm so glad you asked. Well, only so I can say that my sister bought it for me in Bethlehem. Yeah, Israel. She brought it home and said it was for me to bring my baby home from the hospital in. I wasn't even pregnant at the time, but was so touched I cried. So we had it for bringing her home from the hospital, on her blessing day, and then for her birthday. Other than that, we keep it tucked away (thus preserving the white!). I think we'll do all her birthdays with that blanket. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but thanks for asking!

edited to add: thanks for the compliment!

gravymommy3
04-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Wow, you have a great sister. My two are duds! One lives 10 miles from me and has never seen my youngest. I only hope my two girls are close!! If anyone else out there knows where I can get a pretty blanket that would look good in pictures, do tell!!

Thanks

Melanie
04-28-2003, 01:35 AM
Great story! Thanks for sharing and how great that you've made a cloth-diapering friend IRL!