PDA

View Full Version : CD Covers for a Newborn

mommyj
04-25-2003, 01:09 AM
I've been debating whether or not to try CD for my baby (due in July), and after reading through so many of your posts, I think I might go ahead and try a CD service for the 1st month to see how I like it.
I want to buy 6 covers to start out with. I think my baby is going to be pretty big, so I'm wondering if I should skip the NB size and just buy smalls? Also, do you think Prorap classic and Bummis (the super whisper ones, I forgot the exact name) would be good to start out with?
I'm also wondering if Snapi wraps are good covers? I found some on sale for $3 and was wondering if I should order one, or if they're not even worth trying.
I'm sure I have more questions, but I can't seem to remember them...I guess I'll save them for a later post. Thanks!

Jami
(baby #1 due this July)

nohomama
04-25-2003, 06:35 AM
I'd say go with the Prowraps. They work well on newborns and are less expensive (especially if you buy seconds directly from the company) than the Bummis. I've never used the Snappi wraps but at $3 you might want to try one or two. And Finally, I would have at least 3 NB sized covers around. Unless you have a ten pound baby (late term ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate in terms of predicting weight, by the way, and how large you've gotten doesn't necessarily correlate with how big your babe will be either) you're likely to get some use out of them. If you have only small sized covers and they're too big, you'll be dealing with blowouts more often than not. Baby cothes all seem so itty-bitty before you have a child to put them on. Newborns, even big newborns, all go through an itty bitty stage.

C99
04-25-2003, 03:59 PM
It depends on the size and physical shape of your baby. Nate is only now wearing the Prowrap smalls after 3 months and they are still pretty big on him since he is long, skinny and has a low rise.

mommyj
04-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks for your message. Have you ordered the Prowraps seconds before? I'm just wondering about their condition. Thanks.

C99
04-30-2003, 07:34 PM
I have and I cannot tell the difference between the seconds and the first-quality ones.

mommyj
04-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks! I've been dying to start my CD collection, so now I can go ahead and order some newborn covers.

Jami