PDA

View Full Version : Looking for really cute covers

egoldber
04-25-2003, 03:06 PM
I love my Motherease Airflow covers and also my Proraps. But I am looking for some really cute covers for Sarah to wear with dresses this summer. I also wouldn't mind being able to impress other moms with how cute CDs can be. :)

Any thought? I am stilling stinging from my Zootkitty fiasco and would REALLY like to ONLY order from someone with overwhelmingly positive reviews.

(Edited to add, for the full scoop on the Zootkitty thing, check this thread. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID52/165.html#8 The poor woman has been really ill. :( )

Thanks!

parkersmama
04-25-2003, 04:05 PM
I don't know if she has any in stock right now but Amber at Darling Diapers is terrific to work with. Both times I've ordered from her my orders arrived promptly and she was good about being in touch during the process. I really like her and from the looks of the things I ordered, I think I'm going to be very happy with her quality.

gravymommy3
04-25-2003, 04:20 PM
I just received my order from Amber today. They are absolutely adorable. They look to be very well made and she was very easy to work with. If I can figure out how to get some fuzzy math by my DH (you know, trying to convince him that CDs are cheaper than sposies as I go and spend yet more money!!) I might get a couple more. Also, the Bummis SWW prints are cute (I really like the white ones I have - they seem so substantial). I have not dealt with Jennifer at Little Lambs in a purchase situation, but I emailed her a few questions and she seemed very responsive and I have heard others rave about her. Good luck!!

Kate888
04-26-2003, 08:42 AM
Actually I just asked Amber if she has print covers. She said she is still finetuning the design so she won't be making them now...I really love her products. She is very easy to work with.

The other WAHM that I highly recommend is Ivy-Rose Designs. Nor sure if she is closed for the summer (taking 5 orders each month only), but she is very quick and always responds to emails promply. Her covers have gussets too.
http://www.ivy-rose.com/

I've never tried these, but they're highly recommended by other CD moms. It's closed now, but you may want to check from time to time.
http://www.theposiepatch.com/home%20Frameset-1.htm

If you don't want to wait, the new Bummis prints are very cute. The Frogs is out at Kelly's Closet and the Star Babies is due anytime now.

Another option is Luke's Drawers Candy Wrapper AIOs. They're instock now. Sometimes I take the soaker out and just use the cover with my fitted. It fits over everything and works great!

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

egoldber
04-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Thanks all. Unfortunately, I don't think ANY of these WAHMs are open right now. And Bummis and Bumkins just don't fit Sarah right, so I can't use those. I'm sending an e-mail to The Posie Patch to check anyway.

blnony
04-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Sorry I haven't been able to respond. Have you thought about some cute AIO's instead of just covers? A lot of the ones I have just have the snap in soakers, so you could use the shell as a cover or snap in the soaker for a cute AIO?
The one I've been so impressed with Stephanie at Mudpiebabies.com. She has been the best WAHM I've found. She emailed me a lot to make sure she had the diaper just how I wanted it, and shipped it immediately. She didn't have anything in her instock store, and I just emailed her to see if she could make one, and she was just great. I got the diaper two days ago, and only ordered it a week ago and it is so well crafted and exactly like what I wanted. It has a snap in hemp fleece soaker and is pretty trim. She has a great selection of fabrics and will really work with you to customize it for your needs. You might just want to check with her.
HTH- I haven't had much luck finding just cute print covers either. And I'm with you, I still haven't heard anything from Zootkitty and I don't think I will order again right now, maybe later when her operation is working better and I actually see the one diaper I ordered.

natividad
04-26-2003, 09:54 AM
I think sparkese has ordered from here. HTH.

http://sos.ewahm.com/

Naty

Kate888
04-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Ah...The SOS! It's one of the hardest diapers/covers to get! It's so popular among some CD moms that you have to be a "hyena" to snatch one. I tried to do it last night, stalking her site all day, all night, hoping she would restock. I only went upstairs for 5 minutes, and it was all over! ALL GONE! Anyway, guess I'm not hyena material :)

Eddited to add: Beth, did you take a look at Luke's Drawers? She always has instock and her diapers are very good!

http://www.lukesdrawers.com/quick_dry_candy_all_in_ones/quick_dry_candy_all_in_one.htm

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

blnony
04-26-2003, 10:40 AM
OMG!!! I'm with you sister!LOL! I tried all day yesterday, I drove myself nuts!! I go away from my computer at finally after 10 p.m. for 5 minutes, I come back, and BAM! All gone. I was so mad. I think I scared my husband. :) This is like the 3rd Friday I've tried. I just don't think I'm meant to have one. I even fed my baby at the computer, played in here, everything yesterday. I was so mad, oh...thinking about it again makes me mad! But, I guess there is always next Friday. I just wish she had a different system.

egoldber
04-26-2003, 02:41 PM
I looked at the SOS covers and they seem perfect, but that is NEVER going to happen! I really just want a cover since I have plenty of diapers. And LD stuff doesn't fit Sarah quite right, at least her Cotton Kiss AIO didn't. I really don't like those ruffly, serged edge covers. I prefer the Airflow style.

I got an e-mail back from Tiffany at The Posie Patch. She said she would be re-opening next week, so I will try her then.

Kate888
04-26-2003, 05:12 PM
I hear you Brianna!! DH thought I went crazy talking madly to my computer :) You're right, there is always next Friday. But I'm starting to look at Cuddlebuns, because I don't think my heart can take it again!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

mamahill
04-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Haha, my friend as about 8 of these diapers. They're pretty cute, but I've noticed definite fading on some. And then she goes and just puts a white cover over them, hiding them :(. I mentioned that I could never get any and she said she had an "in" with the lady and would let me know further details if I wanted. Maybe I'll ask her again and see what she says...

blnony
04-26-2003, 08:28 PM
I don't know, I'm just mad about them now. I mean, they can't be the best diaper invented, or they would be massed produced by now.:) Or this is what I tell myself. I did have a great diaper day today though. I put a Little Lambs AIO on Audrey today, went shopping with a friend, and DH "forgot" to change her, so four and half hours later I changed her, and that diaper was great. She was totally dry, the diaper never wicked or anything! I was so impressed. It's also the cutest diaper I have and one of the least expensive. I might just invest in a couple more of those.
I have thought about the cuddlebuns, but I wonder if they are very bulky? I've heard that the quality depends on which person makes it, but I'm not sure. I think I'm just still a little mad about yesterday.
But Sarah, and in....hummm.....

Kate888
04-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Sarah, please do tell us more, pretty please :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Rachels
04-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Neve posted a link once with the cutest covers I've ever seen. Maybe she could tell you what those were?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
04-27-2003, 12:04 PM
it's a list of cute ones...a recent post under "CD Drool" has them in this forum!!!There were several companies, I loved the appliqued ones!!

egoldber
04-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately while many of those covers are beautiful, most are either unobtainable (like the Sugar peas) or are fleece or wool (which I don't use). I will content myself with a Posie Patch if she opens for orders next week.

parkersmama
04-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Will you post when the Posie Patch re-opens?? I'd love to have a cover from her, too!

I LOVE the SOS diapers (looks...I'm don't actually have one!) but I am certainly not hyena material myself. Her dipes and covers are so adorable, though.

Melanie
04-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Thumbs up to Posie Patch!! I have 2 of her covers and love them. The fit is similiar to Motherease Airflow but she has more adjustability and includes extender tabs so they'll probably fit longer. Order as soon as she opens b/c her cute prints are running low and she told me she wasn't going to be ordering more printed PUL until she ran out.

sparkeze
04-28-2003, 12:39 PM
http://www.hunnybuns.com/

I haven't ordered from her myself but I haven't heard anything bad either. Only complain I've heard is that since the covers are custom made you have to measure your baby yourself. I think that can lead to some mis-sized orders due to measuring mistakes. Her wool covers are very reasonably priced also.