PDA

View Full Version : I just used my first cloth wipe!!!

mama2be
04-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Sparkeze and gang...your recent thread and the posts made me leap into it. I took an old plastic wipes container and folded my soft velour wipes in (from Darling Diapers...saphire blue velour). I put some warm water with Cetaphil soap and Burts Bees Apricot. te velour just thirsted for the liquid so when I pick them up they are not drenched (which I imagined they'd be)...super easy!!! Thanks guys!!!

BUT do you wash them with your diaps...I'm thinking dark blue and off white diaps...what do you think???

Caroline I so want to use a warmer for my wipes but am afraid of them, is yours on all of the time?, any wise words to get me to overcome my fear???

egoldber
04-26-2003, 02:44 PM
I would check the blue velour for color fastness before washing with the diapers. You could e-mail Amber and see what she says.

I just throw mine in the pail with dipes. Easy peasy. :)

celfsh
04-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi, Neve. I'm not Caroline, of course, but maybe I can help answer your question. I keep my cloth wipes in a warmer and have never had any problems with them. The wipes are always nice and warm (sort of like the towels they give you to "freshen up" with on int'l flights:)) and nicely damp without being soaking wet. I use cheap washcloths from Walmart and fit about 12-18 in the warmer at a time. I just fold them up, pour about 2 cups of warm water on them, and they're good to go--SO easy.

HTH a little! I think you're going to love the cloth wipes!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

C99
04-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Neve,

My wipes warmer is on all the time. I guess I just never thought about it. The wipes warmer just doesn't get HOT enough to burn anything -- especially not with the liquid and refilling it every 2-3 days. To be honest, I had more problems with the paper wipes turning yellow/brown than with the cloth wipes.

natividad
04-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Hi ladies - I was just wondering which wipes warmer you have. Thanks!

Naty

celfsh
04-27-2003, 06:54 PM
I just checked. Mine says it is made by Dex products. The logo is a little handprint. It was a gift, but I'm positive it came from Target.

HTH!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

C99
04-27-2003, 07:42 PM
I have the same one as Celeste has. It was about $20 at Target.