PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your hemp prefolds?

csa12
04-26-2003, 05:49 PM
They are the next item to try on my cd list! :)

Thanks!
Cheryl

gravymommy3
04-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Cheryl,

I just bought mine last week from Inge at diaperware.com. I got the Babykicks Hemparoo Prefold Seconds (I wanted the seconds because they are 2x4x2 instead of 2x3x2. They are a little narrower because of this, but I wanted more layers in the middle.) I really, really like them. I got six mediums and six large. I use the mediums for doublers and the larger I use with a snappi (I read somewhere that snappis did not work with hemp, but it has been working for me.) I want to try some Polar Babies Hemp prefolds.

These prefolds seem to be doing the trick for me. My DD pees a river and they hold it all. We have had three very dry nights in them. The only thing I have noticed about the hemp is that it is harder to get poop out of. I made the mistake of putting a prefold with a JB on DD withOUT a liner and she nailed it and I am soaking them as I type to get the stains out! UGH! But if she stays dry, I can live with that.

Good luck!!

egoldber
04-26-2003, 08:46 PM
I bought a Babykicks hemp prefold from naturalbabies.com. You can also get them at babykicks.com. Occasionally, Babykicks has seconds on eBay.

I also have a PolarBabies hemp prefold that I got from organicbebe.com. They also have them at www.diapercovers.com (whihc is the PolarBabies site I think).

I am also trying one from Little Lounging Lizards, but I don't have that one yet. And Mom and Me Creations has a hemp prefold that I am also debating. :)

HTH,

gravymommy3
04-26-2003, 08:58 PM
I can't make heads or tails of the Lounging Lizards site. Seems like everything is sold. Didn't you say that the PolarBabies is super duper soft? Is it a lot different that the Babykicks? I have a Mom and Me sling that I like, but I just can't get a good feel for what her prefold is like (is it the Samual's soaker or am I missing the point??)

Sorry to be an idiot!!!

egoldber
04-26-2003, 09:34 PM
LOL!! The site is confusing, I agree. Look here: http://www.littlelounginglizards.com/soakers.htm I am buying a used Fleecer. She also has the Nighty Newts (which are probably more similar to the PolarBabies and BabyKicks prefolds) which I may also try dpeending on hwo I like the fleecer. But I thought the fleecer might be nice for daytime naps.

Mom and Me has Samuels Soakers and Samuels Prefolds. I may buy the Samuels Prefolds. I "think" the Soakers have a prefold shape, but are all one thickness, rather than being thinner at the sides like a prefold is. So they are VERY thick and bulky. The Prefolds are probably more like the BabyKicks diapers.

HTH,

csa12
04-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks Ladies!

Cheryl :)

egoldber
04-27-2003, 09:28 AM
So after this discussion last night, I impulse bought a Samuels soaker and prefold to try. ARGH!! Someone stop me!!!

gravymommy3
04-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Let me know how you like it. I would buy more, but now that Wachovia and First Union merged, my DH has access to view my bank account (which really ticks me off) and he sees what I am spending, so I have to show some control. I am going to get those used Crickett Hemps today though!!
edited cause I just can't spell!!