PDA

View Full Version : COULD WE NOT? Just get some wool covers appliqued???

mama2be
04-27-2003, 12:11 PM
I've thought this awhile but thought I'd get laughed off the boards. But is it possible to applique or even emboidrey a wool cover like the imse vimse. Sure it would cost some money but I'd be willing to search hi and low for someone to do it. But does it create holes where the needle goes thru thus meaning that these companies might do this art before assembling the cover. I don't have a cover like that so am not certain.

Is it to good to be true that I am on to something????

Melanie
04-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Check with www.righteousbaby.com . She embroiders her own for sale, so she might do yours.

I've also seen that www.phunkymama.com sells embroidered wool covers.

I have purchased from both of these WAHMs and been very pleased, just not purchased what you're looking for.

mama2be
04-28-2003, 10:06 AM
MElanie thank you so much!!! I too loved tha bamboo one (and the others) at righteous babies, I jsut added that to our "CD Drool" thread :)...I am going to get some wool covers and see fi Ican find someone to applique or embroidry little trains, planes dogs or something on them...

I'm afraid applique won't hold up as well as embroidrey???

gravymommy3
04-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Gee, Melanie, thanks for the phunkymama link. Now my bank account is $22 lighter :) Could not resist - hope it fits well!!

mama2be
04-28-2003, 12:28 PM
those prices seem awesome!!! a wool ocver and the adorable embroidrey for $20!!!

Melanie
04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
LOL. I'm sure you'll be happy. I ordered a custom embroidered blanket for a newborn from phunkymama...sight unseen. I was a little worried but when I got it, it was absolutely gorgeous. I only wish Ds loved blankets so I could get one for him.

Calmegja
04-28-2003, 05:38 PM
I have some righteous baby things. I have the sweetest diaper cover in the world...with an appliqued moon and stars on it. So cute and well made, it's ridiculous.....

mama2be
04-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Local and not to expensive she said she can do applique or embroidery and has tons of designs to choose from. I'm buying some Imse Vimses and will have her do them!!!! :)

Wish me luck!!

I'll post pics later...