PDA

View Full Version : Dry Disposable Wipes

ChrisH
04-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know where I can get dry disposable wipes for cleaning my baby? I want to avoid chemical wipes, but I don't want to go the cloth route either.

Thanks!

Calmegja
04-28-2003, 06:19 PM
What I've heard of mamas doing is taking a roll of high end paper towels, like Viva, and cutting it half, lengthwise. They take the paper towels that result from that, put them in a wipes container, and then mix their own wipes solution (so many recipes available online), or just use plain water.

I've read about it on several attachment parenting boards....I think it's pretty common.... ;-) I've been known to use plain paper towels and my wipes solution in a pinch.....;-)
but I've never had them prepared in advance.....

MelissaTC
04-28-2003, 07:47 PM
You can purchase dry wipes at Buy Buy Baby. My sil used dry wipes for my nephew and that was the only place they were able to find them. Be prepared to shell out some dough. They were a little pricey...

Momof3Labs
04-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Scroll down to message #16 in this thread for a link to the dry disposable wipes that hospitals use:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/109.html

Personally, this is what I would use if I wanted to use dry disposable wipes on a new baby - they are nice and smooth, kinda thin for older babies and their thicker poops, but easy on newborn bottoms.

jearwood
04-29-2003, 10:54 AM
We liked the dry disposable "washcloths" that the hospital used, so we ordered some. They're not unreasonably expensive, and I often tear them into 1/4's or 1/2's. I think we paid $25.00 for a whole case, which included shipping and sales tax. (If you live outside of GA, you might be able to avoid the tax.) Here's the order info, if anyone is interested:

Kay Medical Concepts
1-800-736-6313

Product code DW-50.

Sold 50 to a pack and 10 or twelve to a case, so each pack is around $2.00.