PDA

View Full Version : Peds Doctor's comments about my CD...

mama2be
04-28-2003, 06:31 PM
So there I was almost naked as a Jay Bird all proud of my Cricketts. Mommy wanted to show the ped a little mark on my upper thigh. Well the ped seemed prety concerned that I was going to be too hot this summer in my diaps. He said, "look at all fo those layers" - he proceeded to tell mommy his concerns. Mind you mommy doubles the doubler because it is snapped in and can be folded then the fleece then my prowrap. My feelings were hurt!!!
Tristan

Calmegja
04-28-2003, 07:19 PM
I'd ask the ped next time if he thinks plastic underpants (essentially a disposable diaper) would be less hot?

In the heat of the summer, sometimes any kind of dipe will be hot. Disposable or cloth.....it's ridiculous to single out one over the other......:-(

egoldber
04-28-2003, 07:35 PM
My ped was confused by Sarah's diaper until he realized it was cloth! And his only comment was "How environmental, good for you!"

gravymommy3
04-28-2003, 10:41 PM
You know, sometimes I think that doctors says things like that silliness to try to remind us that they "know it all" and we "know nothing." I would have probably been asked not to return to that office if that comment had been made to me. All I can think of is, "BITE ME." I am sure he is a good ped. but don't you think he could be a little more supportive of your efforts to keep nasty chemicals off your baby's hiney?

sparkeze
04-28-2003, 11:30 PM
Ugh! Don't you hate it when doctors act as if anything that has anything to do with "technology" is hands down best?

Melanie
04-29-2003, 01:52 AM
*eye roll*

Plastic & gel beads are better?

Send this to your doctor: http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,4563,00.html

sweetbasil
04-29-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm with ya, Neve (er- Tristan ;))-- when I mentioned CDing to Kellen's ped last week, I thought she'd jump all over it, give me a big hug, or something. But noooooo- it's lots of work, just as expensive, and not that beneficial in the long run, she says. Really? That kind of contradicts everything I've learned since catching onto your CD world, gals.

Seems like you're doing something great for little Tristan, and his doc just doesn't understand :)

mama2be
04-29-2003, 09:20 AM
I think I will. I like him a lot I know he is real smart and all and he is actually soemone who contacts CNN everytime they report soemthing he feels in in error so he might be a good sport about me bombarding him with info.

The down side is he has a baby born almost 3 months early and is 2 lbs in the Duke NICU and my appt was one of his first back (yesterday afternoon were his first appts)...so I think I was alittle calmer with him than I would have been normally.