PDA

View Full Version : OK, I am officially certifiable!

gravymommy3
04-30-2003, 11:47 AM
If someone had told me one month ago that I would get so excited over a delivery of used diapers, I would have never believed them. But... the 6 Crickett's Hemp fitteds that I bought over on the Diaper Pin FSOT board arrived today and they are beautiful. They look like they have hardly been used. I am so psyched!!! Thanks for letting me get excited cause if I told DH how excited I was over this, he would call the looney bin! I guess it is now official - I have no life!! But I have some great looking diapers!!

celfsh
04-30-2003, 12:09 PM
I hear you, sister! For me, there has always been something so exciting about getting something in the mail--and diapers, well, what could be better than that? It's like Christmas on a Wednesday in April. Enjoy!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

egoldber
04-30-2003, 01:34 PM
LOL! I had the same reaction the other day when I got some diapers in the mail. I got SOO excited! DH was amazed!

parkersmama
04-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Thank goodness it's not just me!!! LOL! And by the way, I just avoid opening them when dh is around so that I don't have to face up to my addiction! ;-)

After this baby arrives, we are going to have to get together for a day! We're too close to not meet up!

blnony
04-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Oh my gosh! You are in good company. I stalk the mailman every day waiting on some good packages!LOL. I know he thinks I'm nuts. Monday I got three diapers and sounded as giggly as a school girl:)
My mom came in to town today, and I was trying to show her all my diapers and stuff, and she just looked at me like I'm nuts. She's not really big on CDs, but still, she could ohh and ahh over my cute ones, at least. I know I have no life...but my baby's booty sure is cute!:)

mamahill
04-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Heehee, I'm with you. When I hear the mailman or UPS guy drive by, I think, "Are they bringing diapers today?" And I really don't think they appreciate the joy they are delivering. I had similar feelings when I received my stroller. If I were a UPS delivery person, I would carry each package with awe, for who knows that wonder that is inside?! At least, that's what I've come to think. And I agree, I LOVE LOVE LOVE mail (one reason I love ordering online. ok, how pathetic is that. maybe I should start sending myself cards - it's cheaper!).

smkinc
05-01-2003, 12:12 PM
I know exactly what you mean! I'm expecting a big package today and can hardly wait to get it! I never, never, never would have expected I would be doing this.

BTW I was talking to my MIL last night and told her that I was going to go to mostly cloth this week. She was pretty impressed and said that she heard on TV that it would cost $1500 to keep a baby in disposables a year but only $300 for cloth.--I just commented that it can end up costing a little more than $300, depending on how addicted you get to finding the cutest covers and dipes!

gravymommy3
05-01-2003, 12:25 PM
I have given up on the "cost-savings" argument of CDing at this point, IF you know what I mean. DD would have to use diapers well into pre-K for the cost-analysis to be in my favor!!! Ooooppppsss!

parkersmama
05-01-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm with you Amy! I keep finding more things to buy and the little critter isn't even here yet! I'm on my way to joining DA (diapering anonymous!)...

gravymommy3
05-01-2003, 08:06 PM
I'm just trying to figure out how to hide all of this from DH. He does not change the diapers so I can sneak the new ones in IF the mailman runs after he goes to work. And if I can keep him from looking at the bank statement. What a PITA!! And I am with you. We can start the Georgia chapter of DA!!!! Whoever has spent the most gets to be president :)

nathansmom
05-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Check your mailbox in the next few days. You'll have a suprise.

mamahill
05-02-2003, 02:18 PM
:o I received it last night - how sweet! Thank you, it made my day! :)