PDA

View Full Version : Got my Sugarpeas...

nohomama
04-30-2003, 12:24 PM
I finally got my Sugarpeas dipes and they seem really nice...well made and VERY soft. I bought one all hemp and one hemp/fleece combo. I've yet to wash them but will let you all know how well they work for me once I have.

Momof3Labs
04-30-2003, 12:31 PM
I just got some of my sugarpeas, too - two wool covers and two size 2 dipes. Still waiting on a couple of size 1 dipes (hopefully tomorrow). I suspect that the size 1's will fit Colin better for now.

I'm very curious to get them washed and on Colin after all the hype around these dipes!

egoldber
04-30-2003, 01:33 PM
Heaven help me for even looking at these!

I didn't see anything but the hemp ones on the website. What is the hemp fleece combo? Did you get a cover too or are you planning to just use your regular covers?

nohomama
04-30-2003, 02:01 PM
The hemp/fleece combo has a wonderfully soft fleece on the top side of the insert/doubler. Otherwise it's exactly the same as the all hemp.

And no, I didn't get a cover too. Of course I regret it now, but at the time of the purchase my practical side was in control and I just couldn't justify spending the money. Damn my practical side!

parkersmama
04-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Me, too! I got 2 size 1's...an all hemp and a hemp/fleece. They are deliciously soft and I can't wait to give them a try! (Obviously I'm still having to wait. grrr.) I looked at her site and there's no washing instructions. I guess I'll just wash them in hot a few times and hope that works. I know they can't be boiled because the dipes and doublers both have snaps. I didn't get a cover either because I'm just not up for doing the wool or fleece thing. Guess I'll be using one of my other covers with them.

mamahill
04-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Oh nooooo... I just got some more diapers, and ordered a Motherease intro package, but these are so cute. And hemp?! The magic word! I await your review, Sarah, and pray that they aren't as wonderful as they sound (well, that's not true, but the bank account might!). Hemp and fleece - is there a better combination?!

Melanie
04-30-2003, 05:44 PM
I'd wash on hot and dry at least 2 times, if not 3. I try to throw them in with existing loads, but sometimes it is hard to be patient.

With hemp you get more absorbancy for your buck, so the diaper is thinner. I've been told that hemp fleece is the most absorbant.

I love our Sugar Peas...for those of you which have not ordered yet, they run big. We have size 2 and my 24 lb 17 mo wears them on the smallest setting (overlapping) for the all Hemp, and smallest setting (without overlapping) for the prints. We got a large Windpro Cover and it is HUGE. My son wears Large & Extra Large in every other brand, but I think I should have gotten medium. It still fits, but would be bulky under clothes. It'll be fine for summer.

sparkeze
05-01-2003, 01:00 AM
They do run big! With size 2 DS is on the smallest setting folded over and the size 1's he still has a couple snap settings to grow into. I really like the size 1 ones because they are trim and absorbant but with the size 2 they're pretty bulky in front with it folded over.

To be quite honest, it's not my favorite diaper. Maybe I'll like them more when I don't have to fold over the size 2's.