PDA

View Full Version : Kissaluvs size 0

cilantromapuche
05-01-2003, 07:57 AM
We are expecting our first boy in July. I’ve read that Kissaluvs are better for girls because of the low rise, but it seems that everyone is happy with the size 0’s. These are my questions:

1) Is it worth it? We will use these for our next child(ren). How long do they fit on average? I know every baby is different, some will wear them longer because of size and weight. What is the shortest amount of time a baby wore them? The idea of a fitted appeals to me initially because of holding in the BF poops.
2) Should I just stick to CPF’s and wraps because of the frequency of changes?

I haven’t changed a diaper in 17 years (and even then there were not many). I don’t want to spend too much but I was thinking about getting between 5 and 12 size 0’s so that DH will be a willing participant :) TIA

egoldber
05-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Just from reading other boards, I would say the average seems to be about 6-8 weeks for the size 0's. And as you say, some babies wear them for months and some don't.

Whenever I have another baby, I will probably get 2 dozen newborn CPFs and a dozen Kissaluv 0's.

While you will be changing diapers constantly, you may want to have fitteds for others to use, to show off at the ped's office :), etc.

Congrats on your baby!

mommyj
05-01-2003, 11:37 AM
I'm glad you posted these questions. We're expecting our first baby in July, too, and I can't seem to decide between going with all CPFs, or trying a few Kissaluvs and/or newborn Sandy's as well. I read one post that said the Kissaluvs could be a pain to snap for a newborn.
For those of you responding, are the Kissaluvs a pain to snap? Also, has anyone used both these and the Sandy's NB? If so, which one did you like better? I know the X-Small Sandy's are for 6-12 lbs, so maybe that means the Kissaluvs could be used longer. But, then, would the Sandy's fit a newborn better? Thanks!

Jami

natividad
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
I love, love, love my Kissaluvs size 0. I wish I had ordered more. I started CDing my DS pretty much since birth and my Kissaluvs size 0 were by far my favorite. The size 0 really does hold in BF poop - unlike my CPF's and Kissaluv contours. They are not the most absorbent dipes out there, but you will be changing your baby SO often (specially if he is breastfed) that it probably won't matter much.

Alexander weighed in at 11 lbs. 3 oz. this week at his two-month well baby checkup and I am still able to use the size 0 at the largest setting, although by stretching the diaper a whole lot.

The rise on the Kissaluvs is indeed low, but the size 0 fits my DS just great. You may want to try the extra small Sandy by Motherease which has a slightly higher rise.

I would suggest getting two dozen CPF's (this is what I have) and a dozen Kissaluvs size 0 for when you may not want to deal with poop escapes ;-) I also have a dozen Kissaluvs contours which work great for when I don't have time to fold or don't want to deal with folding. I would also get cheap nylon covers for the newborn stage. I am finding that cheap Bummis and Dappi nylon pull on pants work great at containing BF poop. HTH.

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03

C99
05-01-2003, 12:34 PM
I got a dozen Kissaluv size 0 (6 in all fleece, 6 in the terry/fleece combo -- I don't notice a huge difference) and Nathaniel is still in the middle row of snaps at 3 months and about 12 lbs. He was born fairly small however (less than 6 lbs) and is a long, skinny baby with a low rise. I expect to get another 1-2 months out of the size 0s before I retire them to the storage box for #2.

Oh, and the snaps aren't hard to use at all with a newborn.

mommyj
05-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Did you order the Kissaluvs in cotton/fleece or the fleece/terry combo? Thanks!

Jami

natividad
05-01-2003, 05:13 PM
I have ordered both and I also have not noticed any major difference in their performance, although I think I prefer the cotton fleece version. HTH!

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/03