PDA

View Full Version : Covers for long, skinny baby?

C99
05-01-2003, 12:40 PM
After going through three outfits this morning in as many diaper changes, I've decided that my current CD cover system isn't working. I currently use Prowraps, but the NB seem too small and the Smalls seem too big. The only cover that seems to work is our wool Aristocrat, but it's too bulky for daytime use. Help!

I have a long, skinny baby. He's 24" at 3 months, but his rise is fairly low (11") and his waist is fairly small (15"). He also has skinny thighs, but I forgot to get a measurement on them. Any suggestions for covers for such an imp? I currently use mostly Kissaluv size 0s and CPFs.

Momof3Labs
05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Colin is also long and skinny (always has been), but we didn't CD when he was younger - we started around 4-5 months of age. The Bumpy covers have worked well for him; another to try is Motherease airflow. But Bumpy covers are probably better at keeping in bf'd poops, if that is an issue, since they have gussets.

But, then, we've used Prorap covers (size medium, I think) from the beginning with reasonable success, too.

So I don't know if I have helped you much here...

gravymommy3
05-01-2003, 01:46 PM
I'd love to help you but there is nothing skinny about any of us in this household! Sorry!

Kate888
05-01-2003, 03:07 PM
I would suggest Bumpy covers, too. Maya is skinny and the Bumpy covers fit her very well. They're very adjustable so you can get a good fit (front velcro-like closure). I like ME Airflows as well, they're side snap and fit over EVERYTHING I have, although they're little "puffier" than the Bumpy covers. With CPFs, I like Bumkins, since no snappis are required. Very easy to use.

HTH,

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Kate888
05-01-2003, 03:09 PM
What a great smile!!! Hayden is so ADORABLE!!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02