PDA

View Full Version : Question about ME Airflow Cover

MartiesMom2B
05-01-2003, 10:07 PM
What I'd like to know is if these covers can be used with other diapers besides the One Size and Sandy's. Has anyone had problems with these leaking? This cover appeals to me since it seems to be made with a breathable fabric.

TIA.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

egoldber
05-01-2003, 10:16 PM
I LOVE the Airflow cover. It's almost all I use. I have 6 Airflows and two Proraps. They NEVER leak and fit over EVERYTHING, even my biggest nighttime diaper concoction. It's really amazing.

I do have a couple complaints. They are a bit poofy and are not a trim. If you use them with prefolds, you need to use a Snappi or pins, since the cover fits loosely. And I REALLY wish Motherease would make them with cuter prints.

HTH,

MartiesMom2B
05-01-2003, 10:19 PM
Beth:

Thanks for answering me. :) Have you tried their diapers? What do you think.

I'm still researching.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

Karenn
05-01-2003, 10:30 PM
I love the Airflow cover too. It fits Colin well and I love that it feels much more like fabric than plastic or nylon. It would be hard to use over a dipe that wasn't fitted though. I haven't used mine a ton because I'm new to this too, but it hasn't ever leaked for me. I love the diapers too. THIS WEEK, the ME Sandy is my top pick of all the diapers I'm trying out. (Of course you'll notice if you read any of my other posts that I really do seem to change my favorite diaper every week! :D ) I like it because it's more absorbant than a Kissaluv but still fits well.

Edited to add: I've used it over all of my other fitted dipes besides ME and it works fine with them.

egoldber
05-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Actually, at home I now use almost exclusively Motherease diapers and chinese prefolds. (I use AIOs when I am out and about.) My main "stash" is 8 Onesizes, 3 Sandies and a dozen premium prefolds. I like them both, but the Onesize are more trim for me right now. They are not a "sexy" diaper like SugarPeas or SOS, but they work terrific for us, with no leaks. They are not absorbant enough for us at night without adding a lot of doublers, so you may want to think about that.

Just to point out, on younger babies the Onesize is not considered very trim. But since Sarah is 20 months, they are trim on her. But I think a lot of "onesize" diapers have this problem. You may get a more trim fit for Martie by using a Sandy in the appropriate size.

I also hear some complaints about Motherease not being very absorbant, but I don't have that problem. You can get a snap-in liner for the Onesize, but I find I don't need it.

Motherease has a TERRIFIC trial offer on their website. You can get a Onesize diaper, snap in liner and cover for $17 (vs $25 retail). If you call them, you can get an intro offer of Sandies as well, for a $1 or $2 more.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
05-01-2003, 10:34 PM
I like how the Airflows fit, but they make a funny rubbery sound when Colin is wearing them. Beth, is the fabric actually breathable? I thought that it was "airflow" because of the openings on the side, between the snaps.

Sonia, I've tried the ME Sandy and it is okay. There are softer, more absorbent diapers out there, IMO. This one gets soaked through pretty quickly, even with a hemp doubler in it. And it isn't that soft. But it would be great for holding in bf'd poop, I bet. It does seem to run smaller than other diapers in the same size range (except maybe Kissaluvs - I haven't tried a size 1 Kissaluv). For the price, I prefer Kissaluvs (much softer, but bulkier). For a little more, I prefer something in hemp.

All that said, their introductory package is worth trying - you can substitute a Sandy for a one-size, if you want, for $1 more.

egoldber
05-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Their website says it is "breathable" but I don't really know what that means. I have never had any issues with mine, so it is hard to say.

Every baby is different in terms of absorbancy. I find them to be plenty absorbant, but I guess I am discovering that Sarah is a light to medium wetter. I can use a Sandy with two JoeyBunz and Sarah can go all night. This diaper is plenty wet in the morning, but not soaked. With one Joey in a Sandy, I would consider us set to go for hours! My problem with that combo is that it gets pretty bulky. That's why I prefer the Onesize, which is a bit less absorbant, but I don't typically need that extra absorbancy during the day.

They are definitely NOT as soft as Kissaluvs, but I found them to be much more absorbant. And the unbleached ones are much softer than the bleached ones.

HTH,

Melanie
05-01-2003, 11:40 PM
We have them and like them. Never had a leak. ME Diapers weren't my favorite though...not absorbant enough.

celfsh
05-02-2003, 10:57 AM
We are also big fans of the ME Airflow--never a leak here. The Airflow really is so versatile, it works over everything. The trade-off is that it is poofier than some other covers. I like the ME one-size diaper, too, although if you have a really heavy wetter, it might not work for you.

Hmmm....I didn't really add anything new, did I? I guess I should have just said ditto to what everyone else said. :)

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

Kate888
05-02-2003, 11:43 AM
ME Airflow is the only cover I have that fits over EVERY fitted I own! Like Beth said, it's a little puffier than other covers, so I mainly use them at home. Super easy to put on, there is no need to check if any leg ruffles are out. It's also the first cover to dry after washing.

ME Sandy's fits my DD very well, but I need to add a doubler, like Joey Bunz, so it won't get soaked in an hour (can you tell that I love hemp a lot?)

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02