PDA

View Full Version : CD Sampler question

SASM
05-02-2003, 12:21 AM
I have a few questions regarding samplers:

1) What would make a "sampler" well-rounded?

2) Are there any diapering goodies that would be necessary for a boy?

3) Who has the best deals/prices for sampler packages? Anyone to stay away from?

Thank you, in advance, for your help! :-)

Karenn
05-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi Sharyn,

I think the sampler that Colleen has at naturalbabies.com is fantastic. At the time I didn't get it because I didn't think I wanted everything that it came with. Of course I have since gone on to purchase seperatly everything that comes in her sampler. :) She says she'll pricematch and ships really fast! I'm also glad I got a Motherease intro package with a Sandy's and a Onesize. I don't think I've discovered any boy specific necessities yet, but there's always more stuff to try!

celfsh
05-02-2003, 10:44 AM
I second the recommendation for the sampler package from Colleen at naturalbabies. It comes with a little bit of everything--2 CPFs, 2 wraps, one FB, one AIO, and one fitted. Of course, there are a million other brands to try within each of those categories, but this package gives you the basics so you can see what type of diaper you like and go from there. And Colleen really is FAST. The last time I ordered something from her, she shipped it the same day (Wednesday) and I got it two days later (Friday).

I also got the ME one-size intro package, and really liked it.

HTH a little.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

egoldber
05-02-2003, 12:13 PM
I am also partial to naturalbabies.com. Colleen is just fantastic. There is a similar sampler from Amanda at naturalebaby.com. I have also been very pleased with her service in the past.

Heather at punkinbutt.com is also offering a VERY complete sampler: http://www.punkinbutt.com/diapersampler.htm It is a bit more expensive than the other two, but a great deal more variety of covers. The downside to her package is that she doesn't include any fitteds, only prefolds, FuzziBunz and all in ones.

HTH,

mamahill
05-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Another plug for Colleen and the Motherease Intro package. For $16.95 (that includes shipping) you get an Airflow cover and a onesize. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of mine...

Momof3Labs
05-02-2003, 03:06 PM
I consider the hemp doublers by Mom & Me Creations to be "boy essentials"! They are small and thin enough to fold in half and tuck in front of a diaper to provide more absorbency "where boys need it most," but really soak up the pee. Absorbency in the back of a diaper is useless for a little boy!

I put together my own sampler package from Colleen at naturalbabies.com, and ordered the Motherease package, too. But the sampler packages are often the same price as ordering the pieces separately (not always - but often - or sometimes just a few dollars savings) so I leaned towards ordering what I wanted instead of the package.

SASM
05-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Everyone, thank you so much for replying!!

I am thinking of ordering the sampler from Naturalbabies just because I have NO IDEA what I want and wouldn't know how to order individually :-(

I couldn't find a sampler from Mother-ease. The closest thing was the Introductory Offer of a One-Size-Fits-All Diaper. Is that what you all mean?

Next stop: Mom and Me Creations :-)

mamahill
05-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Yes - the introductory offer! Sorry if that was confusing. This one...

http://www.motherease.com/database/scripts/show_page.pl?page=introductoryofferUS.html&TopCat=7&SecCat=0&country=US&SID=3ae590394856fdd2ae2a5ec2e79ca5c2

Karenn
05-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Yes, that's the one. And, when I called in my order, I had them send a Sandy's diaper along with it. I'd really recommend trying the Sandy's too, it's pretty different from the onesize.

Melanie
05-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I just ordered some prefolds to have tie-dyed from Natural Babies last night and she emailed me this am to tell me that they have shipped already!