PDA

View Full Version : Switching an older baby to CDing...

muskiesusan
05-08-2003, 08:55 AM
I recently began CDing Nicholas, 19mths, about a week and half ago. It has cleared up his diaper rash, however, he hates them. I was hoping by this time he would have adjusted to them, but he hasn't. I am thinking it must be the bulkiness of them since he is content in disposables. The only ones he will "tolerate" are FB with one JB insert or the Bumkins AIO, both of which he can soak through in about an hour. Even with these he screams when I put them on and then spends the rest of the day trying to get them off. Has anyone else had this problem with their toddlers?

I have tried CPF, but I am CPF changelled, and Nicholas gives me a wrestling match with every change, so that is not helping learning curve.

Thanks for your help.

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01

gravymommy3
05-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Susan.

I wish I had words of wisdom for you but I don't. I have been CDing my 18 mo for three weeks now and she is fine with it. However, I tried to put my son in them and he threw an absolute fit and refused to have anything to do with it. So, he is still in sposies, but he is a lot older tahn Nicholas. Have you tried a fitted with Bummis or Bumkins cover? Good luck to you.

ginalc
05-08-2003, 02:00 PM
When my oldest DD (now 12 yrs) was that age, she used a potty chair frequently throughout the day for the same reasons you are describing. We used a thinner cotton diaper with either cotton trainer pants over the CD or the NIKKY brand cover. Sometimes I skipped the CD altogether and just used trainer pants alone.

Just about every time I set her on the potty she would void a little, so even if she had an it wasn't too much of a mess to clean up. Maybe your little guy would do OK with a trial potty session a few times a day too?

My CD children have been VERY easy to toilet train. (well, except for the 2.5 yr old who is having trouble doing #2 on the potty, but we're working on it!) :)

gina, mom to 3