PDA

View Full Version : Best CDs for overnight use

SASM
05-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Just curious as to what diapers (and combinations) are best for overnight useage. What have you tried and LOVED? What have you tried and HATED? And WHY?

Right now I am thinking of Crickett's Hemp Fitteds (once the manufacturing problem is ironed out) ~ how would I make it even more absorbant (combined with the snap-in doubler)? What is the best cover?

Also thinking about a ME One Size diaper and Sandies, just to try.

THANK YOU!

celfsh
05-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Overnight CDing usually involves some trial and error, but here is what works for us:

--Premium CPF snappied (newspaper fold) in a Motherease Airflow cover (sometimes also use a JoeyBunz insert for extra absorbency)
--Motherease One-Size with snap-in doubler (folded in half for extra abosrbency) and Airflow cover

As you can see, we are big fans of the AF cover! We have never had a leak with either of these combinations.

Oh, and what doesn't work for us? A lot of people swear by FBs for nighttime, but we have not had much success with them. DD likes to turn over and sleep on her belly at night, which has resulted in leaks at the waist whenever we've tried them. I love FBs for daytime, though!

HTH a little!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

sparkeze
05-09-2003, 01:33 PM
What I've tried:

1. FB w/3 joeys - okay but not 100% reliable. Also pretty pricey. You have to get enough of them for the nights between washings and if you don't have a backup plan, uh oh.
2. Mom & Me Creations fitted w/doubler (Aristocrats)- never failed us!
3. Darling Diapers pocket fitted with matching insert + doubler (Aristocrats)- also never failed us! I think I like this the best because it's just one piece, as opposed to a lot of pieces laying on top of each other.

I've grown to like using different things in my stash as opposed to having one special diaper for nighttime only. Like, I use the Mom & Me and Darling Diaper for daytime too, but when I go to get out the nighttime diapers I will grab one of those - whatever's available. When I used FB I would run out of them and then I either have to rush to get one clean before bedtime, or be at a loss for what would work.

C99
05-09-2003, 01:37 PM
I'm still working on this myself! Currently our nighttime ritual is:

1 regular CPF stuffed into the front of a Kissaluv and covered with an Aristocrats cover. I refer to it as Nate's butt sweater. :) Last night, I tried two premium CPFs Snappied with an Aristocrats. It worked really well except he pooped so my 'Crat has now been christened with poop.

Momof3Labs
05-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Colin is a tummy sleeper, and has done great with a FB stuffed with two JoeyBunz.

The Crickett's hemp work as a back-up plan, but I stuff the front with an extra folded over Mom and Me hemp doubler (the 4" wide size). I usually use a Bumpy night cover with this combo.

gravymommy3
05-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Sharyn,

We use either a hemp pf with a hemp insert (JB or a smjae doubler) covered with a Bummis SWW (have some night wool covers on the way) or a Liz's cloth hemp fitted with a hemp insert (the doubler that snaps into the Liz is on the way) and the Bummis cover. DD soaked the heck out of the Liz last night but not a drop on the bed! Yea!

Prior to the arrival of the hemp pfs and the Liz, I used two CPFS and my smjae hemp doubler and Bummis and did fine with that also (except DD suffered from BDB syndrome - Big Diaper Butt!!) Good luck to you.

egoldber
05-09-2003, 02:49 PM
As your baby gets older you may find that your nighttime needs change.

My current favorite is a Mom and Me Creations Samuels Soaker (hemp prefold basically) with an Airflow cover.

I have also used with success:

1) 2 CPFs in an Airflow cover
2) 1 CPF and a Joey in an Airflow cover
3) a FuzziBunz with 3 Joeys (least successful combination for me)
4) a Motherease Sandy and a Joey in an Airflow cover

HTH,

Kate888
05-09-2003, 08:17 PM
We're using Happy Heiny's (pocket diaper) with 3 Joey Bunz. I've also tried ME Sandy's with 1 regular JB and 1 fleece topped JB, using Airflow cover. Both have been working perfectly! Maya still nurses about three times during the night. I'm very glad we don't have to change her in the night, so I can get some sleep :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02