PDA

View Full Version : FuzziBunz and fleece liners

celfsh
05-09-2003, 01:16 PM
What do you think? Does using a fleece liner in a FB impair its ability to absorb urine into the soaker? I tend to use fleece liners with every diaper change because I never know when DD is going to poop. But now I am wondering if I am shooting myself in the foot by using a fleece liner in a FB. Does putting an extra layer of fleece on top of the FB compromise its ability to quickly transfer liqud into the soaker, thereby increasing the chance of having leaks?

Hmmm...does this question even make any sense? Thanks in advance for setting me straight, ladies!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

sparkeze
05-09-2003, 01:24 PM
I would go with a no, don't use them. I think you have the right idea with the transfer thing. :)

Kate888
05-09-2003, 01:30 PM
I would go with a no, too. You can try disposable liners (such as rice paper liners) when you think your DD is going to poop. I wouldn't use them all the time, because they're not as soft as fleece and tend to irritate Maya's skin if I use them too often.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Calmegja
05-09-2003, 02:06 PM
The FB are fleece lined, so I don't see why you would need to add more fleece. The FBs are the mainstays of my stash (although I get braver with prefolds, daily), and I have never, even through a horrid bout of rotavirus, needed anything on top of the fleece that is part of the dipe......

If you're worried about stains, the FB are highly stain resistant, due to the fleece. If you're worried about keeping baby dry, well, the fleece on the dipe is the dame as what you'd cut out and use, so there's no advantage there!

So, in my usual, longwinded, roundabout way, that'd be a no vote from me, too! :-)

nathansmom
05-09-2003, 02:26 PM
I use to worry about Nathan pooping in his diapers, I didn't want stains in them. Well one day it happened in his FB and it came clean. Not one trace of a stain. Even DH was impressed. After that happened I don't worry about stains anymore.

egoldber
05-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm the odd one out. I DO use fleece liners in my FBs and I have not problems at all with them performing well. I use the liners since Sarah poops at all hours of the day and night with no schedule as far as I can tell. I use fleece liners 99% of the time and I only use disposable liners occasionally these days.

The only problem I have ever had with FBs leaking is when the legs have gapped or the stuffers weren't enough to cope with the volume.

HTH,