PDA

View Full Version : WAHMs wicking?

C99
05-12-2003, 12:47 PM
I recently bought 2 Bizzy B Hive AIOs with the snap-in doublers. I really like the fit and the feel -- so plush. They are a bit bulky, but I love that 1 diaper will fit Nate until he's 25 lbs. But here's the problem: the legs have serged, ruffly edges and they wick the wetness onto Nate's clothing at the legs. Does anyone else have this problem. When you have a ruffled-edge dipe like that, what do you do with it? Should I tuck in the ruffles instead of leaving them out?

egoldber
05-12-2003, 01:34 PM
I had this same problem with my Lukes Drawers Cotton Kiss AIO. I am just not a fan of those ruffly edges for this reason. I think it must just depend on how it fits your baby.

C99
05-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Of course, the f/u question to that is: who doesn't make AIOs or covers with this ruffly edge?

blnony
05-12-2003, 02:57 PM
If you do a search on "turned edges" you will find CDs that have turned legs instead of serged legs.
I know the Toadies diapers are turned. Also, FBs are turned. But even my CDs that have serged legs don't all wick. My Luke's doesn't wick, but a couple others I have do. I think its just that particular fit on a particular baby.