PDA

View Full Version : I need a new diaper bag to hold CDs--please help me choose!

celfsh
05-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Okay, ladies, please help me make a decision here! I am debating between these two diaper bags and would love to hear your opinions as to which you think would be better for packing around CDs. Oh, and while you're at it, vote for your favorite print, too! TIA!

Option A:
http://www.dobregoods.com/cirque_bambino.html

Option B:
http://www.fleurville.com/default.asp

Option C:
None of the above. (Please specify alternative option.)

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

Momof3Labs
05-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Celeste, have you seen either in person?

The first one doesn't look big enough for CD's plus everything else.

And both have awfully short shoulder straps - that's a perpetual gripe of mine, though it might not bother you.

egoldber
05-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Here's my two cents on a diaper bag for CDs. Use the bag you already have. If you're like me, you're carrying too many diapers anyway! I do fine with two diapers in my bag. I have VERY seldom used both diapers, even for long outings. And I keep a couple spares in the car should I ever run out.

Now if you just WANT a new bag and are looking for a reason to get one, then go ahead!!! The first ones aren't really my cup of tea, but I think the Fleurville bags are stunning, especially the pink stripe.

HTH,

mama2be
05-14-2003, 11:00 PM
I didn't cheat and look at any other responses yet so I'm fresh in thought...
If I were to choose the Dobragoods one I'd do the flowers (very lily piltzer looking)or the Washington Square which is weird because I couldn't have selcted a more extremem diffference. the picutre of the gal carrying it makes that bag look HUGE though...

The fleuville one is a cute bag but none of the colors caught my eye too much but maybe the blue. but that's just me...I bet if someone walked by with it I'd zero right in on it.

Keep us posted as to what you choose...you can't go wrong with either...

em_jon98
05-15-2003, 12:01 AM
I like the prints on both of them...but neither one looks very big. Are you looking for a bag that can handle long trips, or just a bag with style?

I really like my Lands End diaper bags for the space--they have a lot of useful pockets. But, they are not nearly as stylish as the bags you are looking at (I would call them downright ugly next to those two beautiful bags). If you are looking for style, why not just find a really cute, roomy regular tote bag?

mamahill
05-15-2003, 04:11 PM
*Gulp* I've been trying SO hard to ignore diaper bags because I know I could get into so much trouble with this, but after reading about a Fleurville that converts to a backpack, my eyes just about bugged out of my head, and I felt a little squeak of excitement rise in my throat. Please tell me WHERE CAN I GET THIS BAG?!?!?! I haven't felt a need like this in a long time. Are there other colors?

If you were to just get a regular back, I'd go with the Fleurville. I like the stripes or the blue chocolate. Have you seen the Petunia Pickle Bottom bags? I've seen a couple IRL and they are gorgeous, though I'd be afraid they'd get dirty (which they most certainly would before we even left the house!).

So please please please tell me where you got the Fleurville backpack photos. My finger is poised over my mouse, waiting. I have some Mother's Day money left over since I exchanged the watch DH bought me for one that cost HALF as much! Woohoo!

celfsh
05-15-2003, 04:21 PM
LOL! Sarah, I'm so glad you are splurging because now I feel so much more justified! :) Unfortunately, the new Fleurville bag won't be available in stores until early June. A Fleurville rep sent me a sneak peek when I emailed him for some info. He said the bag will be available in black cord, orange cord, "fiesta" cord (not sure what color that is), pink and blue with chocolate lining.

Maybe we can get a discount if we buy in bulk? :)

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

mamahill
05-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Not until June?! But then it can't be an impulse buy... *whiiiiine*! LOL - seriously, though, I'm SOOOO envisioning me with the blue. Or maybe black cord. Hmmm. Perhaps I WILL need a couple more weeks to decide... Thanks for the info! Dreaming of a new bag...

heidi_timms
05-15-2003, 08:18 PM
I just love the fleurville bags. Both are way cute and I just love the stripes! I would just love to get another bag too!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

bunnisa
05-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh I am SO excited! this is exactly what I've been looking for - messenger bag style, lots of convenient pockets (esp. a cellphone pocket), waterproof lining, padded strap, stylish & not frumpy!

I almost let DH buy me a Coach bag for Mother's day but decided against it (didn't like straps). I told him I'd continue to research until I found the perfect bag and then he could purchase it for me :)

Does anyone know when in June the convertible backpack style is coming out? that would be perfect!!

Thanks so much for the information!

Bethany
edd 6/15
:)

em_jon98
05-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Celeste,

How about a tote like this one?

[http://www.restorationhardware.com/page.jhtml?type=product&categoryId=cat160157&id=sprod014610]

Caitlins Mommy
05-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh Celeste,those Fleurville bags are so stunning!I love the pink stripe.I'm sorry I don't have any real advice to give you since I used sposies the first time.I did have fun drooling over the diaper bags though.Between this board and the stroller board I have a feeling I'm about to so some serious damage to the visa.

Good luck on finding the perfect bag for you

Jennifer mommy to Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
Trying to give Caitlin a brother or sister

liya
05-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Jesus Celest my hubbys going to kill me...im sooooo chowing my finger nails over the fleurville bag...gosh how do i explain a $130 purchase for a diaper bag...YIKES!!! He wanted to get me a LV or a COACH but i just didnt like any....OOOOIIII!!! OOOOIII !!!I WANT THIS BAG!!! }> *DROOLING CHOWING MY NAILS EXTREMELY DESPERATE*....Im with you SARAH waiting until june is nerve racking....lol :)

celfsh
08-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the responses, ladies! Okay, to answer some of your questions:

Lori: No, I have not seen either of these bags IRL, although the Fleurville bag did receive a positive review from someone on the stroller board where I posted a similar question. I have emailed both companies regarding the length of the straps on each bag and they seem like they would work for me.

Beth: I would agree with you IF I were currently using an existing diaper bag, but I'm not! I have yet to purchase an actual diaper bag (been using my purse in the meantime, but now that I have CDs and snacks to carry, it simply isn't big enough). I really am a bit of a minimalist and don't pack a ton for going out (I've been known to walk out of the house with no diapers AT ALL, which is of course when I've actually needed one--LOL!), so I don't need a HUGE bag. But I do need something that's not spilling over with just one or two diapers.

Emily: I've thought about using a regular tote bag, but haven't found anything I've really LOVED. I do want to have at least SOME pockets so there's a place for my sunglasses (just destroyed another pair, but that's another story...) and keys and stuff.

So, okay, ladies, which bag do y'all think will work better for me?Oh, and to make things even more confusing, here's another contender--a new Fleurville bag that converts to a backpack (see attached photos).

Help--I am making myself crazy!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02