PDA

View Full Version : I have to give up CD! What do I do with my dipes?

Karenn
05-23-2003, 12:36 PM
I am so disappointed! :( Basically, Colin get's a rash every time he spends more than a day in cloth, and doesn't get them with disposables. How backwards is that?! I've tried everything I can think of: liner, no liner (that was MESSY!), less detergent, different detergent, natural fabrics, stripping the diapers- but he always gets a rash that clears up as soon as I put him back in disposables, and stays clear. I don't think it's yeast since one, it looks different from the yeast rash he had when he was only wearing disposables, two, it clears up in disposables, and three, I even tried putting him in brand new prefolds, and he still got a rash!

So I just don't have the heart to experiment on his little bottom anymore. The rashes he gets are painful!

I'm thinking of trying to sell my diapers since I'm fairly certain that the issue is with Colin's bottom rather than with the diapers themselves. :) Any thoughts on the best places to do this? Ebay? WAHMall? Diaper Pin? (I don't think I'd have enough to say on the mothering board to meet their minimum post requirement to partiicipate in the trading post.)

Also, any thoughts about whether to put them out there as a "sampler" or as individual diapers? I basically have just one of each diaper I own (ME, Kissaluvs, Crickett's, Liz's Cloth, Bumkins) so it would be a great sampler- but I'm guessing it would sell better in pieces.

And finally, anyone have a new hobby for me? :) I've had so much fun becoming educated in the world of cloth diapers! What am I going to do with myself?

Thanks,

csa12
05-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Hi Karen -
I am so sorry about Colin's rashes. I hope they get better now that you will be using disposables exclusively.

I had some CD's that I wanted to get rid of and had great transactions with people on this message board. I figured that I already "knew" these people so why venture elsewhere.

Good Luck!
Cheryl :)

egoldber
05-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Karen, when I switched to cloth, Sarah was 14 months old. She also had a lot of rashes initially. I think the problem is that disposables really are AMAZING at keeping urine away from baby's skin. She needed probably 2-3 weeks, a fleece liner ALL THE TIME, and liberal use of Aquaphor (especially at night) to give her tushie a chance to get used to the new feeling of cloth.

But if you do decide to give it up, please post what you have here first to give us "first dibs". :) After that, I think you will get the best return on your money on eBay, and by listing things in small groups of 1-3 diaper/covers.

HTH,

C99
05-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Karen,

What do you have? I would be interested in the ME, Crickett's and Liz's Cloth, depending on the sizes! :)

Karenn
05-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Cheryl, how did I miss out on the chance to buy some of your dipes? ;) Actually, I would like nothing better than to give all of you "first dibs" on my diapers! BUT, Beth, I think you've persuaded me to give it one more shot with the aquaphor. (I'm using fleece already.) Even DH thinks it's worth one more try. I don't like the idea of having to use aquaphor every single time forever, but if I know there's a chance he'll get a little more used to it, I think I'm willing to try. So, I think I'll hold on to my dipes for a few more weeks. (Sorry Caroline!) HOWEVER, you all will be the first to know if I do decide to start selling off my diapers. I like the idea of "knowing" the people who would be getting them.

liya
05-23-2003, 10:43 PM
I just bought a whole tub of aquaphor ds is allergic to everything i put in his bottom that prevents dr exept this.....if you do decide to sell your diapes im trying to purchase one of each to try on ds so let me know also.....I hope it works out for you though i understand your dissapointment....good luck

sntm
05-24-2003, 12:27 AM
me too! me too!
email me if you decide to sell.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03